rePhase, a loudspeaker phase linearization, EQ and FIR filtering tool

... its called a filter slope and name is as written "Reject high" isn't it :D okay joking aside slope is close to BW and fair easy to investigate:

1. On "Linear-Phase Filters" tab set for example HP/Reject high/48dB/1000Hz and with tons of taps in "Impulse Settings" area set for example a number of 524288 and a sample rate of 384000Hz and hit "Generate".

2. Previous point gives a nice trace on graph frozen in a red color so we now have the blue colored trace free for comparison of slopes, now disable previous set "Reject high" filter and go to "Minimum-Phase Filters" tab and try out some of the different filters there, BW 48dB/oct at 1000Hz is fair close for slope trace although it needs some offset in frq, try with a 1050Hz number and finetune with a PEQ set at 1000Hz/Q7/-1dB and we almost there.

Errr - maybe I don't get it still. What would RejectHigh + HP give? ( I checked - it gives a HP ;) )

I think "Reject High" is hard to misinterpret.

//

here high and low refers to frequency, not slope. That naming is very confusing :ashamed:

So, here is the reject high complementary LP and HP (flat summation), useful when you want to avoid breakups and other driver misbehaviors past the crossover point :
attachment.php

here is the reject low complementary LP and HP (flat summation), useful when you want to protect a fragile driver when crossed over outside of its comfort zone, etc. :
attachment.php

Attachments

• rePhase Reject high.PNG
    rePhase Reject high.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 540
  • rePhase Reject low.PNG
    rePhase Reject low.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
high pass and low pass options are there, but the problem lies in the names of the filters themselves.

I still reverse them and I have been doing this for thirty years! But nonetheless those are the English conventional names for those filters. My guess is that the names make more sense in other languages.

Just checked in google translate. Most languages are a similar translation. French and German are identical, Dutch is close, but makes more sense. Spanish and Italian pretty much the same.

Just my two cents.

I may end up taking a whack at using your program for my home system. Looks quite interesting. And I need to get setup with a proper media PC and soundcard.

Mark, the problem here is really with the "reject low" and "reject high" type of crossovers in rephase, which names are not at all related to high pass and low pass but to the crossover asymmetry.
Oh well... :)

My mistake!

Looks like you have created a little monster problem here! You know little monsters that refuse to go away kind of problem!