Marshall 3315 missing parts???

PM me ill gladly help you with a curriculum of study to help you along, and answer questions.

your in new territory and familiarity with what your doing is paramount to getting a result and keeping you safe! if unsure or unclear please ask, i don't know what you know and am maybe not providing the right guidance for you?

I figured it out. THE bulb was bad. no flow, no work. So the readings I got are close to what you said. Now the Volts ac starts off in auto mode which gave on Bl/yellow #1=31.25 v. Bl/yellow #2= 31.24 both yellows=62.40
Now when I switch to manual mode it starts in .00, next setting .0, next setting 00. You follow? From hundredths to tenths to whole numbers. So when I get the whole numbers it was yellow #1=32, yellow #2=32, both=63
Close, but is it cigar worthy?
Now du I do the same test with the 100 wt bulb.
Oh and the bulb was dimly lit and consistent.

Last edited:
It’s normal for multimeters to count with nothing attached. I believe they’re picking up RF fluctuations in the wire leads. That itself doesn’t mean something is wrong with your meter.

Thank you. I had started the return process(and found another for $60 cheaper) I didn't think it could measure voltage out of thin air, but isn't that what Tesla was on about? I think I'll just cancel the return.

And just how does one check a meter for accuracy? I know they sell certified units for more money.

Last edited:
PM me ill gladly help you with a curriculum of study to help you along, and answer questions.

your in new territory and familiarity with what your doing is paramount to getting a result and keeping you safe! if unsure or unclear please ask, i don't know what you know and am maybe not providing the right guidance for you?

I think you are doing a good job by giving just what is needed and that makes me look up things that I'm not sure about. Then if I still don't get it, I can ask.

Last edited:
well you have a working transformer, that's good so we can move on to fixing the remainder of the supply.( so have a cigar and a shot of scotch!)

although not necessary you can do the test with the 100 watt lamp, the thing to note is that there will be less of a glow to the filament, likely none, that goes to the fact that the current limit is higher with the 100w bulb.

i wouldn't be too concerned about your meter's accuracy it is a Fluke after all, calibrating/ testing a meter requires lab grade standards.

Last edited:
p-

Attachments

• 4b4c3693-1aa6-4ffc-bb41-54a1dffc241d.pdf
    35.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210703_154824871.jpg
    IMG_20210703_154824871.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20210703_155032405.jpg
    IMG_20210703_155032405.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
it is a high res picture, it just wont upload with that clarity. If I could email it direct you would see clearly. Unless you want a picture showing more of the board. I couldn't help burning the board when I removed those fuses the previous owner gad installed. It was like 10 gauge wire so it took a lot of heat.

well that depends on what you feel you can reasonably accomplish next, installing the new fuses and bridge rectifier is what i would do. and as the foil damage is going to complicate the matter a careful approach and some creative lead bending should make for a successful repair.

when i say creative lead bending i mean creating a bump in the leads so that the bridge doesn't rest against the PCB and leaving enough length so that on the bottom side there's enough to bend over creating a retainer so that it's physically held in place and allow for wire jumpers to connect to the rest of the circuit. i'll try to work up a drawn example of what i mean.