• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4 GB!

Finally the amp plays with my main speakers.
What can i say for this baby.Silky treble sweet mids very very strong and punchy bass HUUUGEEE 3D.I'm in love!!!
Matched perfect with the AUDIO PHYSIC TEMPO III and with SALAS preamp DCG3.
20000uf per rail-40000uf per channel with NIPPON caps WIMA and 1837 filters on PSU.
Mosfets by EXICON.
Mods to rev2.
I had 2 huge toroidal trafos for this amp 500VA each 42v DC and i used them.
Running at 300ma 42 Celsius idle.
Shaan you're the best!!!

My little amp

First impressions...

Attachments

• 20190606_185638.jpg
    20190606_185638.jpg
    981.5 KB · Views: 411
What can i say for this baby.Silky treble sweet mids very very strong and punchy bass HUUUGEEE 3D.I'm in love!!!
20000uf per rail-40000uf per channel with NIPPON caps WIMA and 1837 filters on PSU.
Mosfets by EXICON.
Mods to rev2.
Shaan you're the best!!!

YOU'RE the best! :angel:

Putting up an amplifier is hard job and you successfully set it up and also solved the issue in one channel. Credits to you for that.

Enjoy the silky treble, strong mids and truly punchy bass! It's the V4 sound brother! :)

Cheers :cheers:

Mosfets by EXICON.
Mods to rev2.
Shaan you're the best!!!

Hi congratulations on getting your amp to sing. I am a bit foxed with the transformer voltage rating . Is it 42Volts after rectification or the traffo is 42-0-42 Volts in which case the DC output would be 42*1.44 = 60.48Volts.

Regards, enjoy the music...

Interested for the board, any available? This will be my first class AB build and I'll be using Exicon which supposed to be for F7 but seems enough class A.

I will build separate psu box with 2x25Vac and CRC filter, will it good enough for this vssa? i find many build with additional cap multiplier but i want to make it simple.

Hi. :wave:

Interested for the board, any available? This will be my first class AB build and I'll be using Exicon which supposed to be for F7 but seems enough class A.

Yes boards are available.

I will build separate psu box with 2x25Vac and CRC filter, will it good enough for this vssa? i find many build with additional cap multiplier but i want to make it simple.

Yes it will run fine as long as the power cables between PSU and amp box aren't too long. vssa?

Hi. :wave:

Yes boards are available.

Yes it will run fine as long as the power cables between PSU and amp box aren't too long. vssa?
30cm cable with psu box is stacked below amplifier chassis, and i always add extra caps on the chassis.

I also have unused 2x15V 120VA toroid which I will also utilised later for another board, any estimation for output power? it wil power tweeter above 3kHz hence only small powered required.

i'll send pm for payment details

30cm cable with psu box is stacked below amplifier chassis, and i always add extra caps on the chassis.

I also have unused 2x15V 120VA toroid which I will also utilised later for another board, any estimation for output power? it wil power tweeter above 3kHz hence only small powered required.

i'll send pm for payment details

About 20W will be available. 120VA is ample reserve for >3KHz duty.