• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for ArDAM Lite bare PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Dimdim,

Question about uploading 2 the nano, in the build guide i read:

"In order to upload code, take the Nano out of the board and connect it to the PC using its USB port. Programming while the Nano is plugged-in to the board may be problematic because the RX & TX lines that are used for serial communication with the PC are also connected to the DAM through the isolator."

Does this mean the nano has to be separated from the isolator board to upload?
Or is it possible to leave it on the board but disconnect external power and rs-232 lines?

In the first case i'll have to make the nano removable.

Tnx

Last edited:
Knipsel.JPG

What is wrong ?
I don't know how to handle this.

Sorry, I have a other problem.

I can 't find the pins for the isol_serial for pin 3 and 5 , this should be the input and the output.
I looking for the J3 and there is no input or output, am I wrong?

It is different for me, because I use the board of Kiven Chen, so I have to use the connections on the backside.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What does Kiven Chen do with these signal pins? Does he connect them to anything, or are they unused?

I can't really tell from this side if you have soldered wires to the correct pins. Where is Pin 1 of J3? Is it top left?

Also, doublecheck that you haven't shorted any wires to gnd.

Sorry it is at the right, under, The other pins where used for a switchboard with led's for the Amanero, and a selection knob.
No use for the RXD or TXD was in the board set-up.

I can remove that board, you can see here the other upper side.
He used it also for the I²S signals for the Amanero and S/PDIF.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
How did you determine that there is no connection to the serial pins?

Are you measuring for continuity between your wires and the corresponding pins on your dam?

If you're measuring for continuity between these pins and the ones on J10, it's normal not to find any. They are separate serial ports.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.