• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
S03 can drive the BIII in ASync mode. Just use the on-board 100MHz Clock of the BIII for the 9018 MCK and you will need the 100M (98.xx/90.xx) version of S03 - currently available and uses NDK2520 type.

Thank you for your comments Acko, I have ordered and payed just right now fo the S03 board.

You mentioned also the BIII-UFL (2CH), BBB-UFL and the NDK2520-CCHD950. If you could include 1x of each I would appreciate it, if still available. Do please let me know how to pay for these mini boards.

best regards
Pepe

Edited: It's working...!!

I've finally got around to finish the S03. I’m running BBB (With Miero’s driver) ->S03 (-> IS2 selector OTTO-2) -> DDDAC.

Some issues I encountered. I had a shortage under one the clocks, which was easily detected because there was no voltage at the clocks supply. Second I had to use the "+4+ ext_masterclk setting in the Miero driver configuration file to revers the clock selection switch..

But all sound wondefull now! :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Thanks Enrico! Actually I have got this already:

The hardware has been tweaked for HiRes Audio as above but the designers are still working on the firmware side for DxD (352.8k, 24bit PCM) and expecting this mid-year. Remote firmware update possible.

Hope you had a good break Acko.

I've been waiting for you to go first with the Edel NMR so good to see it in your hands. Any first impressions yet? What's your thinking on hooking up to its connectors? What sort of quality is the clocking on the NMR board?

I've got my BBB/SO3/Buffalo IIISE DAC build all but done other than a big hole where the Salas shunt regs for the I/V stage are going to sit - awaiting some parts to finish! Shouldn't be too long now.

Ray

Last edited:
It's working...!! all sound wondefull now! :)
Nice work!
Hopefully I'm not too far behind you...

Could someone confirm some details please?
I have an s03 setup only for rPi asynchronous use with a single 100mhz clock. If I want to change it to use 2 clocks with bbb with synchronous mode, it looks to me that I will need to add u8 (clock select Isolator?) its 2 caps c17 & c18 and also q2, r5, r7. Do I also need u5 and it's associated components or is this not used for bbb?

Thanks,
James

Edited: It's working...!!

I've finally got around to finish the S03. I’m running BBB (With Miero’s driver) ->S03 (-> IS2 selector OTTO-2) -> DDDAC.
Nice work Stijn! Wishing I have your set of skills. As your clocks are 45/49.xx, is S03 configured to accept 45/49.xx direct from BBB? I thought this would be the better outcome than going through div/2 resistors?

Did you detect any sonic improvement with/without S03 from BBB?

Lastly, would you be able sharing your ps to BBB? I did the experiment with Doede 5V PS and fired one previously. :( Have recently tried Per-Ander ps too and also not working but no damage done.

Last edited:
Hey Acko,

WIP?

Might I ask, the on board clocks are for those without the S03? As I noticed the MCK input.

Thanks acko,

Looks cool mon.

Laters,

Drew.

The audio interface side is pretty much complete. Bit more work on the UPS

Design follows typical digital transport with built-in clocks for standalone operation but options for external clock feed e.g use with S03 (Clock source can be jumper selected)

WIP, Price: TBA

Hi Acko, that looks like a really neat and comprehensive implementation.

On the UPS aspect, I'm assuming that you're not going to supply the battery with the board; there seem to be so many issues with shipping battery cells nowadays.

Thanks for the ongoing work...

Ray

I have a Rigol 4024DSO available, which has 4 GSamples / s with an upgrade to 500MHz bandwidth (probes are rated as 500MHz bandwidth, too).

I also thought about measurement failures but if you compare the graphs below it seems strange to me:

1) The 100MHz signal at the FF (pin 3)

attachment.php

Best Wishes,
Hermann

Thanks Hermann,
Your equipment is top-end and 500MHz BW should render 100MHz square wave nicely.
We are seeing distorted waveform even coming from the oscillators :scratch:.
Have you checked your probe tuning?
Are you able to connect scope to another source of 100MHz square wave, say, from a signal generator?

Unfortunately my scope is only 50MHz but I have done indirect tests on the clock signals using a dc meter and the avg shows ~1.6V which means close to a perfect square wave for 3.3V switching @50% duty cycle

Hope you had a good break Acko.

I've been waiting for you to go first with the Edel NMR so good to see it in your hands. Any first impressions yet? What's your thinking on hooking up to its connectors? What sort of quality is the clocking on the NMR board?

I've got my BBB/SO3/Buffalo IIISE DAC build all but done other than a big hole where the Salas shunt regs for the I/V stage are going to sit - awaiting some parts to finish! Shouldn't be too long now.

Ray

Thanks Ray, still early days with the Edel EMR. Just got the gut feeling that a purpose-built hardware can provide more optimised performance. Also, the 32-bit remote controlled digital volume is a big plus and seems comparable to ESS one. So other DACs can benefit from this feature

The interface is complete with I2S/DSD switching and can take external clocks which means the S03 can be connected without problems. The on-board clocks are based on Fox ExpressO (22.xx/24.xx) - room for improvement with external isolation and re-clocking.

The connectors need attention and from the looks of it we cannot simply connect a daughter board type of adapter to it. So need a length of FPC cable to an adapter board as previewed previously. Possibly ABC-PCB will consider a custom build with our choice of connectors if the quantity justifies? Anyway, most important to see how well it sounds compared to BBB and at $550 many will be ambivalent ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.