New Markaudio Drivers

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Nipper1 mentioned a tacky adhesive treatment, would have live in a completely dust free environment, or they would start to look awful after some time.

Fortunately, the cones are the color of dust ha ha! I really wanted to dope the back side of the cone but that's not an easy thing to do; small, tight geometry. This is the same tacky adhesive they use on cloth pleated woofer surrounds and some linen or other "cloth" dome tweeters. It really did clean-up the sound so well worth the effort. I'm glad to see the new Pluvia 7 P HD; it appears this newest design may "fix" all of my concerns and complaints about the Alpair 7P. I'll find out eventually as I am going to get a pair of the P7PHD's .

Actually looking at this again and getting the factory to do some more maths I can get the MOQ down to 1000 which is more doable I guess. Price to the end user would look to be about $38-40 a pair. which is about £1100 for a pair of Dave's mock ups above. We'd need 18 people to make that doable.

What the hell. If we could get inter-hemisphere shipping sorted, or find some other creative solution for delivery to the UK antipode, I'm happy to sign up for 50X.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
attachment.php

Attachments

• coral-sony103A.jpg
    coral-sony103A.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,429
Yes, CHR-70 with Eminence Alpha 15a woofers. Lots of fun. I imagine the new drivers will do much better, but like other said, with helper woofers.

I am also running CHR-70s OB with a Goldwood 10 inch "OEM" as a helper woofer. I had to pad the MA down some to match the woofer's lower efficiency but I think it sounds really nice in this application. I am considering some sort of Alpair 7 for another project (sealed or possibly PR) largely as a result of my experience with the CHRs. I just need to figure out which version is the most apropos.

Last edited: