New Markaudio Drivers

Has anyone else compared the 7ms to the 7?

We have tried out them in their designed Pensil arrangments, and found the old driver to be substantially better. One cabinet was Birch ply and the other Valchromat, but the differences were extreme.

I believe production has now ceased for the old 7, and wondering if I should buy up a few pairs or if maybe extra performance can be coaxed out of the new driver?

Thanks for your feedback on the open baffle arrangements. Maybe a small format 2 way with open baffle using the new 5.3. I have some 6" SB Nac's I cd use for bass duties. Something that only measures 70cm high with an angled baffle. That way the bass driver gets some floor gain and spacing between the drivers is reduced, enabling a higher xo point to help with the open baffle power handling.

Still doing and enyoing the full range ms11 experience... are there also some double ms11 or double ms7 designs?

Still cant get my head round for the next project, since a enjoy full range thst mutch, i'm also thinking of a small line array with 3 alpair 5.3 and a subwoofer or, double ms7... or even double ms11, since i already have 2.

Something different, even a little off topic... I'm thinking of buying dnm cables, solid core. Internall wires are also solid core neotech 1mm (awg 18). Been doing some reading lately about cables and solid core, small strands fully isolated (non-litz) looks like the way to go. No snake oil, just the best way to transfer a signal(pulse) from a ro b

We have tried out them in their designed Pensil arrangments, and found the old driver to be substantially better. One cabinet was Birch ply and the other Valchromat, but the differences were extreme.

(Crack me up) Funny if true; I've been waiting on Madisound to get their shipment for the last 6 months...... I was going to order blind, but i think I'll wait for more "user" feedback before ordering.

I believe production has now ceased for the old 7, and wondering if I should buy up a few pairs or if maybe extra performance can be coaxed out of the new driver?
Are you saying you built a Pencil Alignment for the 7 and another Pencil Alignment for the 7ms and the left (or right) cabinet of both alignments in BB Ply and the right (or left) cabinet of both alignments in that newfangled MDF Valcromat? Two sets of cabinets, each of the two different drivers pair constructed of a mismatched material, BB ply, and Valchromat?

Because I would understand how you would prefer the old 7 over the new 7MS if the old 7 were in a BB plywood cabinet and the new 7MS in that Valchromat junk.