Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A Study of DML's as a Full Range Speaker
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th February 2020, 04:32 AM   #1211
gazzagazza is offline gazzagazza  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLBES View Post
Really? All the info I gave during the past 5 years offered nothing? I guess that is your opinion. I believe Ive offered more info. on this topic then anyone else. Wether or not you want to follow my advice is up to you as no one can force anyone to do anything.

So everyone elses opinions is backed up by evidence? If you read all those articles most of it backs up my opinions more so then not.

Gaining from others? And causing others to not share, WTF??? Maybe you are the only one with this problem you think I didn't notice it? Sounds like jealousy or whatevers. I contributed WAY more then my fair share. The only thing I may have gained is the 12inch width panels other then that I've done it all on my own. I don't wait for someone ELSE to do all the DIRTY WORK as I DO THE DEW, I don't just sit around and talk the talk I WALK THE WALK BRO.

Do you speak for everyone are you the official DML spokesperson?

Miss me with that "spirit" nonsense no one owes anybody NOTHING. Entitled much?

Whats next are you going to complain to a mod about my aggressive style of writing?

If you don't start none there wont be none son.
Oh you da man.
Old 25th February 2020, 06:32 AM   #1212
BurntCoil is offline BurntCoil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Morning all!

Well that all took off in a spectacular fashion.

For the avoidance of doubt, the speakers sound much better than the recordings

DM you have certainly contributed to the forum.

However, you should have made your commercial objective clear at all times, not only is it not fair on the other contributors you leave yourself open to claims of prior art voiding any patent claim you make in the future and may leave yourself open to civil proceedings. I speak as someone with thrifty years experience on patenting innovation. Still, it’s far too late for that now, you have provided enough evidence via this forum that you have not acted in good faith regarding IP. You should have talked to a patent attorney.

What you should have done is patent first then, as a very famous and commercially successful contributor in the amplifier section of the forum has done, declared at the outset that you are sharing your expertise explicitly for DIY activity and not for commercial use.

Vitriol never has a place in these forums and I suspect you may have broken the site guidelines.

I believe the maxim ‘ extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof’ never grows old.

It’s time to share how you gain your extraordinary results.

I suggest we take this off line as it is not fair to the other contributors.

Burnt

P.S. smartphones don’t need a lead to transfer data.

Last edited by BurntCoil; 25th February 2020 at 06:49 AM.
Old 25th February 2020, 06:38 AM   #1213
diyAudio Member

I appreciate a great deal those that have defended my contributions, thank you.
Please can I ask that you do not pursue this further with DMLBES as it will distract from what has been a very interesting and successful thread. I will ask DMLBES to reply by PM, I will be opening up that communication path later on today, so we can clear the air should he also wish to do so. Thank you again

Burnt
Old 25th February 2020, 06:52 AM   #1214
gapmedia is offline gapmedia  Australia
diyAudio Member

I think phone mics might go a lot of the way to influencing the sound of Burnt's recordings. I've heard the same 'phase-y' sound here when recording on my phone(s). Hey, if phones were that good at recording audio, there'd be no need for recording studios, would there. Camera mics aren't that much better.

Wooh, I just wrote this reply not having read the past two pages of dialogue. I will go back and absorb, but still say most phone mics are S..t.

Last edited by gapmedia; 25th February 2020 at 06:57 AM.
Old 25th February 2020, 09:28 AM   #1215
DMLBES is offline DMLBES
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntCoil View Post
Morning all!

Well that all took off in a spectacular fashion.

For the avoidance of doubt, the speakers sound much better than the recordings

DM you have certainly contributed to the forum.

However, you should have made your commercial objective clear at all times, not only is it not fair on the other contributors you leave yourself open to claims of prior art voiding any patent claim you make in the future and may leave yourself open to civil proceedings. I speak as someone with thrifty years experience on patenting innovation. Still, it’s far too late for that now, you have provided enough evidence via this forum that you have not acted in good faith regarding IP. You should have talked to a patent attorney.

What you should have done is patent first then, as a very famous and commercially successful contributor in the amplifier section of the forum has done, declared at the outset that you are sharing your expertise explicitly for DIY activity and not for commercial use.

Vitriol never has a place in these forums and I suspect you may have broken the site guidelines.

I believe the maxim ‘ extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof’ never grows old.

It’s time to share how you gain your extraordinary results.

I suggest we take this off line as it is not fair to the other contributors.

Burnt

P.S. smartphones don’t need a lead to transfer data.

WTF is all this nonsense???? Why are you telling me what I should and shouldn't do who are you to tell me that? I don't have to tell no one my objective. Holy **** are you saying I cant post here anymore? Are you going to oust me from the DML club??? SMDH LMAO You been into DML's less then a year and now you are the Holy Guru expert? come on man. LMAO

It seems yawl butt hurt because I aint telling yawl all my secerets eyyy so ya trying to force me to tell it or you will tell everyone not to reply to me is so fricken childish. LMAO

I said I might do it in the future it could be 20 years from now or never. SMDH

WTF is wrong with you people? Screw PM's let every one see for themselves and talk right here?

P.S. I don't have a smart phone. My phone is 10 years old or older. I am not into all that ******** tweets face book crap. I am from the old school of hard knocks.

I will keep posting what I want to post until I get banned. If you or anyone don't like it TUFF shiznit its you're problem

Last edited by DMLBES; 25th February 2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 25th February 2020, 09:37 AM   #1216
diyAudio Member

Just sent you a PM DM. Lets keep the thread clear
Old 25th February 2020, 12:29 PM   #1217
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleypnw View Post
I just recorded with the Dayton mic. Recordings have the same tin can sound BurntCoil had. Not at all what the speaker actually sounds like in person.
Yes that sounds familiar.

Room, microphone, encoding, and the playback device ie. headphones are all additional to the sound of the speakers. As Gapmedia pointed out, there is a reason we use recording studios

Last edited by BurntCoil; 25th February 2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old 25th February 2020, 12:44 PM   #1218
twocents is offline twocents  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Ok, getting back to "the study of dml's ..." on the subject of damping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLBES View Post
Two beginner damping techniques is the water/glue mixture and or paint. For wood though I wouldn't use the water/glue mixture instead I would use Latex acrylic paint.
I did not realise that the water and glue treatment on EPS/XPS panels is actually a damping skin. I was under the impression it was a hard layer that improved high frequency propagation. Anyhow, the application of a thin latex film (Latex acrylic paint) seems very interesting since I have not read about any plywood treatment for damping purposes, other than varnish or paint for the looks. So, DMLBES's panels are damped along the edges (lightly clamped or sandwiched between foam strips), as well as a damping layer over the entire surface. It makes me think of OffGridKindaGuy's canvas framed panels - I am sure that the canvas and glue sort of dampens the plywood discs that he uses?

I am thinking of using Latex tubing along the panel edges i.s.o. foam strips for supporting and damping the panel, but still have to figure out how to glue everything together. I think the latex will provide more movement than the foam. In fact, I think one can use latex tubing all along the edges for damping, as there are various sizes and thicknesses available. Just cut a slit along the tube and slide it over the panel edge.

Still waiting for my exciters from Billionsound. The Wuhan virus situation is not helping things coming from China.
Old 25th February 2020, 02:33 PM   #1219
diyAudio Member

This might be useful twocents. Not all Latex paints are really latex, some are acrylic based. Liquid Rubber Coating - Waterproofing Coating | Coating.co.uk

I am sure there will be an equivalent locally.

Burnt
Old 25th February 2020, 03:16 PM   #1220
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

It’s all kicking off here eh!

Amazing how many Threads go like this.
Folks are so easily triggered by things they don’t agree with these days. Not just here but on the street, at meetings, at rallies and demonstrations, at university campuses, on social media etc, etc
One is increasingly not allowed to have a contrary opinion about anything outside the accepted norm or accepted narrative. This is extraordinary really as it stifles intelligent discourse and debate.
It’s a sign of the times in which we live.

A Study of DML's as a Full Range SpeakerHide this!Advertise here!