The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)

Just applied the second coat of black, they look as good as (or better than) new.

They weren't coated when I bought them, but had a black color. As they are the least noble material, at least compared to Aluminium, they had surface rust in no time.

baffle1.jpg

Surface rust back in november 2014, prior to adding neoprene rings.

They will be bolted in with a neoprene ring between bolt and baffle which should help avoid it from happening again. And this time they have primer + paint on them ;).

Judging from the left over paint in the container I used last Saturday I'll have to wait a while longer before I try to polish the enclosures. I was kind of hoping to get started this Wednesday. Patience... they say it's a virtue, it doesn't always feel that way (lol).

Last edited:
Another day off from work, another day spend in the garage...

attachment.php

After that accomplishment, it was a small (but pretty heavy) step to get them back where they belong...

attachment.php

First things first, cant run the risk of getting dehydrated ;)...

attachment.php

Both of them finally are back in our room...

attachment.php

Getting there, at last... still lots to do.

Attachments

• bothfinished.jpg
    bothfinished.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 402
  • transport.jpg
    transport.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 393
  • Mythos.jpg
    Mythos.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 403
  • placement.jpg
    placement.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 398
Sorry, but no chance... I just "parked" them in their usual spot, added the subwoofers and will take my time to finish up the rest (like hanging back the back wall damping panel etc.)

Then on to measurements, as so much has changed, no FIR filter I have will sound even remotely decent anyway. I'll start with another impedance check. This time with a controlled temperature in the room, instead of the cold garage.

I'ts just how I'm wired.... :D my excuses for the delay :).

I've waited this long, I can wait a few more days.

I still had to frame the damping panel. I used floor plinth for that,

attachment.php

as it was painted black already and came with an easy mounting system. First I've stretched the cloth a bit, as it was sagging
just a little (the cat climbed into it :mad:). The damage is minimal and I was able to restore most of it. I think the framing does
look pretty good. It will fit better with the current theme in our living room.

Attachments

• posterpanel.jpg
    posterpanel.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 389
Another day off from work, another day spend in the garage...

After that accomplishment, it was a small (but pretty heavy) step to get them back where they belong...

First things first, cant run the risk of getting dehydrated ;)...

Both of them finally are back in our room...

Getting there, at last... still lots to do.

Ik ben erg benieuwd hoe ze klinken!
Kan ik een keer langs komen als ik bier meeneem ? :)

Even though there were many little jobs around the house, I managed to hang the poster/damping panel and level the arrays and subwoofers. All that is left to do before I fire it all up is connect the amps/speakers. But that will probably have to wait till next weekend. :(

I still have some other obligations at my parents house tomorrow and my girl is working from home anyway... I'm just glad I got it all into place over this weekend so next time I'm off from work I'll have it up and running. At least I hope so. I may get to do some impedance measurements tomorrow, if I get the house to myself for a minute.