New Tracer is coming

1652597812925.png

-----------------------2022/12/27 Update:-------------------------------------
All options no more available.

-----------------------2022/5/15 Update:-------------------------------------

2 Pre-Release Full-Assembled iTracer & 8X Expansion, Ready for USE!
PM me for details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

There is a new tracer developed by my friend, coming around.
iTracer will be her name.

"There are 5 free sample of programed MCU for evaluating, if you are able to make your on iteration of PCB, you can ask for MCU module for free.
Otherwise, you can wait for my PCB iteration which I am working with, yet it may take some time."

The iTracer is an intergrated curve tracing system consist of dedicated software program and proprietary hardware.
iTracer provides curves tracing, DUT matching, distortion analyzing, database managing of transistors.

More specifically, the iTacer is developed and intended for DIYers and Hobbyists,
to enhance their ability to make matched transistor pairs, manage them by database.

The new iTracer has the following features and specs:
//

Current-Voltage (I-V) plotting capability by Graphical UI program (Bundled, free for buyers)

Compatible with V-FET(SIT), BJT, J-FET, MOS-FET, Diode, SCR, Resistor, Thyristor, Regulators (ex.LM7815)
3 channels for DUT: B=G C=D E=S

Vc/Vd: up to +-40V
Ic/Id: up to 3A (updated on March.2022)

*8x Expansion Module, Auto measure a batch up to 8 pcs at ONCE!
*Aruduino Nano as MCU, pre-programmed before shipping.
*Dedicated Graphical Tracer Program with powerful math processing, enhancing transistor matching accuracy/efficiency.

*Quick FFT/Working point Analysis/Simulation based on measured data/curve at Realtime!
1650962142383.png

2SK79 Analysis:
1652597133521.png

//

*2022/5/15
Fully-Assembled iTracer + 8X EXPANSION, Ready for Use!

1652597301469.png

1652597236722.png

//
What features makes iTracer Unique?
Scenario happens usually:

For sure we can use curve tracers and plot traces of these 100 transistors, then compare the curves one by one.
If the plotted curves are close or overlapping, one may think: oh! These 2 transistors are the matched pair! Job done!

However, what we are thinking about is how close is enough to say they are matched?
Two derivative question raised:
1. Can we quantify "close"?
2. Is there better way for quicker, automatic measuring?

Hence, mathematical models and algorithms are developped for this tracer project:

1. The iTracer can measure a batch of DUTs up 8 pcs at once, automatically(by swithing relays).
2. After measurement and proccessed, every DUTs can be quantified based on their own curves.
3.With quantified DUTs, the software can rapidly and accurately choose and select matched pairs, and tell you how similar/close they are by numbers!
Ex.
Matched Pair No.20, Similarity=96%
Matched Pair No.5, Similarity=94%

1651386882551.png

-----------------------2022/4/26 Update-------------------------------------

The iTracer ultilizes pos/neg rails of power in design, instead of positive rail only.

The itracer was supplied by switching PSU, minizing cost and volume/weight.

What I can say is that this is a really good stuff for amateur use; I think you guys will be amazed by its "Distortion Analyzing" function.

I am now translating the UI and giving feedbacks to the author, just wait a moment and you will be surprised.

-----------------------2022/4/20 Update:-------------------------------------

iTracer ALL Schematic released.
Altium Schdoc Files released, you can use it to make your own PCB.

There are 5 free sample of programed MCU for evaluating, if you are able to make your on iteration of PCB, you can ask for MCU module for free.
Otherwise, you can wait for my PCB iteration which I am working with, yet it may take some time.

-----------------------2022/5/15 Update:-------------------------------------

2 Pre-Release Full-Assembled iTracer & 8X Expansion, Ready for USE!
PM me for details.

Regards,
J

Attachments

• Tracer.png
    Tracer.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 734
  • Tracer 2.jpg
    Tracer 2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 733
  • Tracer 3.png
    Tracer 3.png
    245 KB · Views: 728
  • Tracer 4.png
    Tracer 4.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 744
  • iTracer_Sch_ALL.png
    iTracer_Sch_ALL.png
    704.3 KB · Views: 276
  • iTracer_AltiumSch.zip
    191.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi croma641,
This is the new thread. The thread he posted in was for another older, established product and so was moved.

The OP has not posted in this thread since it was moved, so I am not sure what his intentions are at this point.

Hi Jan,
I think he didn't express himself well. It is a curve tracer and maybe he is referring to departures from the ideal transfer characteristics.

-Chris

Hi,

Please look at this pic. It comes from earlier version of the software.

The "Distortion Analysis" is based on the template circuit shown on the left.

You can setup the working point here, see what happens to the linearity, the waveform, and the FFT simulated!

It provides an almost real-time tool for knowing the performance of the transistor scanned by the tracer.

Regards,
J

Attachments

• Distor.png
    Distor.png
    328 KB · Views: 378
  • DistorMOS.png
    DistorMOS.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 250
  • DistorBJT.png
    DistorBJT.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
One more important feature

One more important feature:
<Batch Scanning>

With expansion module, it is able to scan up to 8 transistors at the same time.
The device will automatically switch the DUT by relays, and import measured data into the software.

This will definitely boost the speed for batch measuring, and thus help pairing transistors.

By tracing transistors more rapidly, the users are allowed to manage more transistors and increase the precision of matching.

Pic 1: User Interface of analysis (English), updated version.
Pic 2: The Expansion module, solo.

Attachments

• DistAnalysisEng.png
    DistAnalysisEng.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 293
  • expansionModule.jpg
    expansionModule.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
A new batch of hardware (PCB, Case, etc.) is ready for production, but problem is quantity; we don't know how many should be ordered, hence the ETA and cost/price are not determined.

The biggest concern is international customer servicing; we have an agreement between I and the author (just call him "SC"), is that:

1. I am responsible for sales internationally excluding China, where SC is responsible for. So I am a distributor.
2. SC takes over all the technical issues whether SW or HW.
3. I provide services and help to do things that are necessary for Western users, i.e., English UI, New Operation Manual or so.

Right now, efforts are made to "transform" the tracer system to meet the standard for Westerners, otherwise it would be just another Locky's (no offence), what I want to do is make it satisfy myself and all others.

But international customer service is never an easy job, and actually I am just an enthusiastic, ordinary user that are no different with you guys.
I don't know how to anticipate the working load, the complexity of communication, the warranty issue. All of the above is tricky.

So it's kind of hard to decide the business model.

Regards,
J