freeDSP-aurora - DSP with 8 I/Os, USB Audio, S/P-DIF, ADAT, Bluetooth and Wifi contro

Actually it doesn't know. The volume pot is directly connected to an ADC of the SigmaDSP. The SigmaDSP doesn't really care about the pot wether it it log or Lin. It just reads the current value from it and translates it to a volume. See the SigmaStudio sketch at the right side, there you will find the function block for it.

OK. I haven't hooked up the volume pot just yet but the manual says that either a linear or log taper can be used. I assume then that the function block needs to be either set or modified in order to properly characterize the voltage input (?). I mean, if it's expecting a log taper, a linear taper will of course give a super-fast response at low volumes but super-slow response at high volumes (or is it the other way around...)

EDIT: No big deal either way. I have a linear taper pot I'd like to use, but I can convert it to a log pot with a resistor. ESP - A Better Volume Control

EDIT2: Nope, guess I'm buying another pot. Lucky for me Digi-Key still has the Panasonic EVJ pots in log taper which I like.

Last edited:
Does this come into play when audio is streamed in through USB?

Did you ever reach a conclusion on this? Do we take it to mean that the antenna, when used, has to be completely shielded from the board and/or internal wiring?

Apologies, I've been away from this forum for a while.

I completely shielded the internal enclosure and used an external antenna (the stock one provided). I'd consider the problem to be isolated to anyone using non-metallic enclosures w/ patch antennas. If your enclosure is non-metallic I'd recommend adding either shielding tape or spray to the inside. This is generally good practice w/ high performance equipment anyway, to minimize outside interference.

Making a WebApp-Plugin

Forgive my ignorance but am I still able to buy this dsp somewhere?

I guess that's hard as there is no commercial producer ... I've been lucky to pick one up in a home-cinema forum. Sometimes people sell their boards from the kickstarter campaign if they don't use them anymore. You could try to browse some hifi-forums or so.

--

Different topic: I want to make a custom web-app plugin. However, I'm missing a good starting point ...

Under SOURCES/WEBAPP/plugins I find the dsp.html and the dark.css files that style the web surface. I also find the aurora.jgz file which contains all the actions that are triggered by the controls on the web surface.
In these actions, some funky json-stuff is happening - this is where I'm out coming from the GUI side.

On the other side, I downloaded Sigma Studio and took a look at the plugins in SOURCES/SIGMASTUDIO. Even though I didn't fully understand the mechanics of the input-selection, the schematic is quite self-explaining. However, I have no idea how the parameters are accessed from outside Sigma Studio.

I searched the web and dug through threads of different forums, but I didn't find an overview over this topic or any good starting point at all. Can someone give me a hint on where to start? :)

Cheers!

I have an Aurora DSP and AddOn B I will sell for $350 shipped in the US if anyone is interested.

My active speaker project is not going to happen, I sold the passive speakers(JBL 4722N) after setting them up at a friend's place and realizing they would not work in a small listening room.

Hey!
drew attention to your development, and am surprised at your work.
I created my own application based on ADUA1452 with CS4272 codec. My codec works in stand-alone mode, and I program the processor from SigmaStudio and save it to EEPROM. Everything works as I need it.
Having stumbled upon your development, I immediately wanted to link my project with your developments. But since my codec is different from your ADC and DAC, I will have to reprogram a lot in your code. There are no big problems with the code, but many problems arose with the configuration of the processor itself.
Now I can't figure out how to switch the clocking mode. The fact is that a master clock with a frequency of 12288 is installed on my board, and in your project everything is configured for 24576, and the second problem is configuring serial ports, in the same section of configuring the 1452 processor itself.
Can anyone tell me where to look for these settings in the Aurora project?

I have an Aurora DSP and AddOn B I will sell for $350 shipped in the US if anyone is interested.

My active speaker project is not going to happen, I sold the passive speakers(JBL 4722N) after setting them up at a friend's place and realizing they would not work in a small listening room.

Hi Dan,

Do you still have the Aurora & AddOn B available? I am interested (incl taking care of shipping-cost to Sydney, Australia)

Cheers,
Marco

hello!
i need a new DSP very soon (have a gig on july 20 and am short a few dsp channels). does anyone have a freedsp aurora for sale? would love to try out this board but dont have time to wait until auverdion restocks.... unfortunately both my minidsp and my Behringer DCX2496 blew up in the same week :redhot: . i am willing to pay more than regular price.
cheers, lisette

Hi Dan,

Do you still have the Aurora & AddOn B available? I am interested (incl taking care of shipping-cost to Sydney, Australia)

Cheers,
Marco

Hi Marco,
Sorry for the late reply, I've been distracted by other things. Yes, I still have them. I've been dealing with way too many delayed shipment complaints about USPS Priority International packages at work so I would say that's not an option at this time.

hello!
i need a new DSP very soon (have a gig on july 20 and am short a few dsp channels). does anyone have a freedsp aurora for sale? would love to try out this board but dont have time to wait until auverdion restocks.... unfortunately both my minidsp and my Behringer DCX2496 blew up in the same week :redhot: . i am willing to pay more than regular price.
cheers, lisette

Hi Lisette,
You are looking for a fully built-up Aurora or just the boards? Where are you located?

Hi Lisette,
You are looking for a fully built-up Aurora or just the boards? Where are you located?

for july 20 i would love a fully built board... after that id be willing to solder a bit :D located in germany

Hi Marco,
Sorry for the late reply, I've been distracted by other things. Yes, I still have them. I've been dealing with way too many delayed shipment complaints about USPS Priority International packages at work so I would say that's not an option at this time.

i might still be interested! i can rent a dsp for july20 if i dont find another solution and then i still want to try the aurora.

btw, does anyone have trouble with reliability for this board? would you feel confident to have it power a festival floor 4 weekends in a row?

cheers

I have the built boards but no chassis.

Attachments

• Aurora DSP.jpg
    Aurora DSP.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 413