low cost USBi programmer using cypress CY7C68013A board

I managed to use a low cost CY7C68013A as an usBi programmer for sigmastudio.
I had to change some of the stuff in the analog thread https://ez.analog.com/thread/11612?start=30&tstart=0
as the drivers did non install on win7 x64.

you need to create your own cable with 10 pin header and connect it to the board.
GND pin 10 on the ribbon
SDA pin3
SCL pin 1
RST pin 6, from PB0 via a 470 ohms resistor
as shown in the picture. (resistor is 1206 smd)

the download the CySuiteUSB_3_4_7_B204.exe and install.
for win7 and 8 also install the CY3684 DVK package.(cy3684setup.exe)

remove the jumper next to the eeprom and remove the programming cable from the audio DSP card. power up the cypress board. it may or may not find the driver. if not,in the win device manager point to location:
C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Drivers and find the driver for your operating system as cyusb3.sys inselected folder.

then power up cypress/cypress suite USB 4.3.7/Cyconsole .
there is a little button showing a folder with doc thumbnail to load a script. find the script in the sigmastudio directory:
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SigmaStudio 3.11\USB drivers\x64\ADI_USBi.spt.
press play
then The board will re-enumerate on the USB bus as
Analog Device USBi (Programmed)
put the eeprom jumper back and power cycle the ezusb board. now connect the board to the audio card and check with sigma studio for proper operation.

I will put some hotglue on the wires to stabilize the solder joints...

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 3,890
I managed to use a low cost CY7C68013A as an usBi programmer for sigmastudio.
I had to change some of the stuff in the analog thread https://ez.analog.com/thread/11612?start=30&tstart=0
as the drivers did non install on win7 x64.

you need to create your own cable with 10 pin header and connect it to the board.
GND pin 10 on the ribbon
SDA pin3
SCL pin 1
RST pin 6, from PB0 via a 470 ohms resistor
as shown in the picture. (resistor is 1206 smd)

the download the CySuiteUSB_3_4_7_B204.exe and install.
for win7 and 8 also install the CY3684 DVK package.(cy3684setup.exe)

remove the jumper next to the eeprom and remove the programming cable from the audio DSP card. power up the cypress board. it may or may not find the driver. if not,in the win device manager point to location:
C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Drivers and find the driver for your operating system as cyusb3.sys inselected folder.

then power up cypress/cypress suite USB 4.3.7/Cyconsole .
there is a little button showing a folder with doc thumbnail to load a script. find the script in the sigmastudio directory:
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SigmaStudio 3.11\USB drivers\x64\ADI_USBi.spt.
press play
then The board will re-enumerate on the USB bus as
Analog Device USBi (Programmed)
put the eeprom jumper back and power cycle the ezusb board. now connect the board to the audio card and check with sigma studio for proper operation.

I will put some hotglue on the wires to stabilize the solder joints...

Hi found this using thread using google as I gave up last year looking for a clone, seems you have success, is this able to work on windows 8? and is it working/stable.

Care to show some demos.

hi guys, thanx for the input, and just my 2 cents. I bought CY7C68013A board for $3.8 and tried to make it work as described by basreflex. Well, it is work but after reconnect always back to the initial state, and I have to repeat "play" script every time. I tried to setup VID/PID/DID by the EZ-USB interface, but without any success again. Probably that particular HW version is too cheap or 24c128 to big or whatever, but after reconnect I saw no USBi again and again. I did read a bit CY7C68013A.pdf and found that the first byte of 24c*** should be C0, next 2 bytes for VID, next 2 for PID and 2 for DID, the last one is config byte. Finally I got those 7 bytes from the USBi script ADI_USBi.spt, opened Sigma's e2prom loader, next clear e2prom, modify first 8 bytes, and wrote to e2prom. Now that USBi is always ready as original one but 1/50 cheaper ))
0_e205b_3270369e_XXXL.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

This might help for those who have to run the ADI_USBi.spt script every time they plug in their device. The exact steps are for Windows 10 Home edition and I had previously installed the generic Cypress driver, "Cypress CY7C68013A Driver (3.4.7.000)".

1. Go to the SigmaStudio drivers folder, "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SigmaStudio 3.12\USB drivers\x64" - adjust the path if you have a different SigmaStudio version and/or have a 32 bit system. Run the dpinst.exe program to install the driver and copy files to "Windows\system32".

2. Plug in your device if not already plugged in. Then find it in Device Manager, right click and select "Update Driver Software".

3. Pick "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Then select the "Have Disk" option. Then browse to the SigmaStudio drivers folder, select "CyUSB.inf", "Open" and OK.

4. Two drivers should be listed, "Analog Devices USBi" and "Analog Devices USBi (programmed)". I picked the last one based on another thread. Here are the differences, I don't know the functional difference between the different PIDs.

VID_0456&PID_7030.DeviceDesc="Analog Devices USBi"
VID_0456&PID_7031.DeviceDesc="Analog Devices USBi (programmed)"

5. Select "Next" and "Yes" to the "Update Driver Warning". The driver should be installed.

If you look at the .inf file you'll see the the script file is copied to the "Windows\System32" folder and automatically executed when the device is plugged in.

Thanks for the tip - tried this on Win 7 and it doesn't work. The device shows up as unknown device in Dev. manager. When you try to do 'update driver software' and point it at the inf file, you can only select a folder, not the inf file itself. Then the install just says. 'no driver found'. Any attempt to 'search online' and it just sits there
for ages 'searching online' and you can't cancel..

Ahh the joy, reminds me of trying to make things work back in the days of win95...

Had a further thought... tried a manual 'select type of hardware' install and this seems to have worked. I could select the inf file and I get Analog devices USBi programmed everytime I plug the device in. I've got the jumper off the board, so not sure if that is significant.

Thanks Piersma - that link is where I originally started..

Never got it to work. even after reading all 60 pages of the Cypress manual... :(
I've never had much luck with Cypress stuff. LOL!

I guess Its easy enough to run the script manually, then I don't have to waste any more time. Maybe someone has actually got an INF file that works to upload the script?(assuming that is the issue)

interesting - so what boot mode and what vendor config did you use?

8 idVendor 2 0456h Analog Devices, Inc.
10 idProduct 2 7031h
12 bcdDevice 2 0000h 0.00
14 iManufacturer 1 01h "Analog Devices"
15 iProduct 1 02h "USBi"

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ing-cypress-cy7c68013a-board.html#post4758817

The way it works is to flash the eeprom.hex of an original USBi to the ezUSB via "Cypress Console". The .hex is here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ing-cypress-cy7c68013a-board.html#post4777018

How to do so is described on the AN50963 Section 2.4:

http://www.cypress.com/file/43391/download