Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

See video im now getting flashing
Looks like D9 and D12
Ultracap unbalance warning? Since I installed the ICPureIII to replace the 3.3v feed from the PurePi that is in bottom of pi-less receiver pi DAC stack.

IMG_8422.jpeg

ScPure after 100 hours mark, against NS3 maybe unfair comparsion so far but some surprises....The base lower registers,more clean better resolution but not so much dynamic, slam.Overall better dynamic from bottom to top NS3,ScPure little bit more laidback,not so wide and deep.But... with sparse music ScPure more airy and like more natural on vocies and real instruments.With big orchestra and music high energy and many details,NS3 is the King with delivering many details in mids and upper frequencies.But not bad at all,I think after some more hours on the clocks is going to be comparsion like apples and pears your preferences and ears decide.

Reactions: 1 user
See video im now getting flashing
Looks like D9 and D12
Ultracap unbalance warning? Since I installed the ICPureIII to replace the 3.3v feed from the PurePi that is in bottom of pi-less receiver pi DAC stack.

View attachment 1218384
This went away after I disconnected and reconnected everything. I think it just had to rebalance PurePi after I removed 3.3v load from it and transferred it to UCPure III !

ScPure after 100 hours mark, against NS3 maybe unfair comparsion so far but some surprises....The base lower registers,more clean better resolution but not so much dynamic, slam.Overall better dynamic from bottom to top NS3,ScPure little bit more laidback,not so wide and deep.But... with sparse music ScPure more airy and like more natural on vocies and real instruments.With big orchestra and music high energy and many details,NS3 is the King with delivering many details in mids and upper frequencies.But not bad at all,I think after some more hours on the clocks is going to be comparsion like apples and pears your preferences and ears decide.
Yes on SCPure I am hearing outstanding acoustic instruments and vocals stand out. Guitars, horns, voices, anything mic 🎤 for ‘room’ sound etc. It all comes through as if you are there.

If my amplifiers have only unbalanced RCA inputs, is it worth to buy OPA861 I/V board over the standard IVST MKII?
Both have RCA output.
If you read the OPA861 manual it says the RCA are for testing and to use the balanced, if that is any help.

I went balanced 10 yrs ago and will never go back to rca. I get noise on anything but balanced due to all my wifi light bulbs.
@melorin

Last edited:
@iancanada the ‘reverb’ on the SCPure is amazing. I’m a guitarist and you can hear all the ‘reverb trails’ that were never there before with SCPure.

Does anyone else notice this. I’ve only used 2 clocks. Default FiFo and SC-Pure and these SC just overtake on the ‘live room’ type subtleties.

Am I dreaming this up ? People please weigh in in room sounds and reverb effects and anything acoustical….

I made a tweak i think works very well for SCPure.I use a small piece of Sorbothane under the clocks,from 0,1" thick sheet i put it through the connecting pins to ic-holder FifoPi Q7.Two sheets little bit bigger on top of clocks,press it down with HdmiPro. Creates both a floating and dampening effect.Forgot to mention another tweak,you can use coppertape and wrap around the clocks for extra shielding.Same tape for protection vegetables snails.look in gardening shop

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hello,
If i did read correctly the weight is when used with 4 dampers. I think i did so then probably you will need to use the A1 or A2 type depending on what is in your stack.. If the bottom board is the UCPI you will need to increase the diameter of the mounting hole but the outer dimensions of the grommet are exceeding the mounting area. The Theta A or B will fit better but they are more expensive but hobby cost money. If you spend loads on the clocks might as well try to makle them work the best they can.
The insulator will connect the board to another item. You can experiment with that item too. The French L''Audiophile magazine published a wooden '' container '' on concrete paws in 1981. In the container there was a kind of marble element buried in 35 kilogrammes of sand that was used as a base for a turntable. No need to copy but sand is cheap. In the USA probably easy to find lead shot.
Maybe you will need to do some experiments to find out where you need to go and how things can be further improved.
Greetings, eduard
Thanks for the details Eduard. Greatly appreciated

I made a tweak i think works very well for SCPure.I use a small piece of Sorbothane under the clocks,from 0,1" thick sheet i put it through the connecting pins to ic-holder FifoPi Q7.Two sheets little bit bigger on top of clocks,press it down with HdmiPro. Creates both a floating and dampening effect.Forgot to mention another tweak,you can use coppertape and wrap around the clocks for extra shielding.Same tape for protection vegetables snails.look in gardening shop
I received a tip from another forum. Blue Tack to prevent vibrations.

Attachments

• 2023-09-29-19-32-14-582.jpg
    2023-09-29-19-32-14-582.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: 1 users
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
@eduard I’ve ordered a multi tester which includes a basic oscilloscope - I want to start measuring things. No idea how to start. Can you point me in the proper direction how to measure ‘noise’
Hello,
I have no clue about scopes. They come in handy if you know how to use them.
Maybe better get acquainted by using the multimeter.
Gabster did make some videos on noise. Of course you should be able to get noiseless sound without balanced connections. Long cable runs sometimes almost requires balanced connections in some areas.

If so much energy is put into power supplies i dont understand why so many people dont pay more attention how the branching of the power is executed. I think that just using a thick cable is almost a gimmick because the " quality loss " will be in the other " elements " travelling from one circuit to the other circuit trace.
I bet a 1 millimetres diameter from trace to trace using the existing holes in the board will be better than 2 millimetres with obstacles on both sides. Not sure if one should go for solid core or stranded. Because it is dc and not ac should we still make it twisted?

My idea is that reducing cable length to the max will need some " hocus pocus " but the return on investment will be worthwhile i think.
All this reverb revelations can be even bigger with investing time in things that seem to be farfetched.
Of course if the reverb in your room is really awful a 500 $ clock set won't be the magic trick. A more than decent clock with some acoustic tricks ( a bit more than irregular surfaces, usually some diy " absorbing elements" spread around the room will sound way better.
Greetings,Eduard
P.s i started with diffusers in my listening area and then absorbers in almost every corner. The general consensus is that absorbers in corners are the most beneficial.

Attachments

• 20230930_011744.jpg
    20230930_011744.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 92
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Cool. I notice when I pull out default clocks they are tight and when I put in SCPure they are a tiny bit looser. Anyone else? Bend pins slightly
Closer together or no?
Hello,
Bending will reduce the contact area between pin and socket but where it connects it will make a stronger contact.
Of course you need a secure contact but we are in a room and not a helicopter.
If you have a desoldering station you could remove the socket and solder the clock directly.
If the clocks are grabbed forcefully does the layer of sorbothane still work or maybe it is airborne vibration setting the clock enclosure itself in motion.
Wrapping the clocks could also effect its temperature to be less fluctuating?
A nice idea to clamp some kind of visco elastic between the top of the clocks and the board just above the clocks . If there are no components dissipating warmth could be used in other areas too.
Greetings,Eduard

Reactions: 1 users
If you read the OPA861 manual it says the RCA are for testing and to use the balanced, if that is any help.

I went balanced 10 yrs ago and will never go back to rca. I get noise on anything but balanced due to all my wifi light bulbs.
@melorin
If you hear noise with RCA cables, something is wrong with your equipment. Unless you are using very long cable very close to those light bulbs.
But why would you do that when you do a lot of work around the Ian's psu, oscillators, shielding the boards, etc?

Hello,
Bending will reduce the contact area between pin and socket but where it connects it will make a stronger contact.
Of course you need a secure contact but we are in a room and not a helicopter.
If you have a desoldering station you could remove the socket and solder the clock directly.
If the clocks are grabbed forcefully does the layer of sorbothane still work or maybe it is airborne vibration setting the clock enclosure itself in motion.
Wrapping the clocks could also effect its temperature to be less fluctuating?
A nice idea to clamp some kind of visco elastic between the top of the clocks and the board just above the clocks . If there are no components dissipating warmth could be used in other areas too.
Greetings,Eduard
If you put sorbothane like i described you get a very firm connection ,same time helpful for vibration.Sorbothane is a visco elastic material and with the right amount of sheets on top you use that floating characteristic the material have,then you put some sheets above and press it down with a circuit board.

Hallo Fusion,

Klopt het dat u de sc-pure en de v/I-uitgangskaart voedt?

Offert u de dure stroomvoorziening op door een tweede apparaat aan te sluiten?

Wat vindt Ian daarvan.

Ik volg je reis met belangstelling!

Thank you. Rgrds Jan
I am feeding only the fifopiQ7 and DAC with UCPureIII. Is that not ok? I could feed the DAC card from PurePi 3.3 I guess. Maybe that would be the way.

OPA861I/V is powered by linear pi duo underneath the red plate and it is dedicated to the IV board.

Last edited:
If you hear noise with RCA cables, something is wrong with your equipment. Unless you are using very long cable very close to those light bulbs.
But why would you do that when you do a lot of work around the Ian's psu, oscillators, shielding the boards, etc?
I meant my guitar gear. Went from 1/4” cables to xlr from my fractal. And then next audio system I built I wanted xlr because I thought they reduced noise and I could go farther away with speakers.