Hypex DSP module(s)

Do not like the fact that Hypex has removed all documents and files related to DLCP. Especially for customers who bought a DLCP in December, not very nice.

Hello Neheb,

We are working on an archive page for our discontinued products, but it is not finsihed yet. Datasheets and other documents are of course still available. Please contact Hypex at support@hypex.nl They can provide you with the documents you need. We apologize for the inconvenience.

With kind regards,

Reini

Hello, I guess I got the last two DLCP's. I am trying to install them just like my first one, but when trying to connect the DLCP to the computer (USB), I see the green led D15 blinking and the USB connecting goes from avaialable towards not available, till in the end the USB stops. I have it with both DLCPs. Only connections at this moment are the AES inputs, power and USB. What might be the problem?

Tested on two different computers. Power is still up and when I do not connect the USB the led stays green.

connected to the usb:
5 green
6 white
7 red
8 black

Kind regards, Harrie

Last edited:
In terms of your connections are they the same as the ones you have used before.
For instance can you happily communicate with a your existing DLCP's. I assume you are using the hypex HFD software and selected DLCP in the dropdown box.

Also have you done a quick visual check on the board Jumper/s, do they match with your existing DLCP'S?

If I can find the DLCP info I will post any further thoughts I may have. Maybe you will need to update the firmware as a step to get these going.

I am sure Hypex will help.

Good luck.

Could I get some advise on how to get DLCP standby, mute and amp enable to work with NCXXXMP Hypex amps without using the DLCP controller board and the remote.

I do have the DLCP smps which can supply the standby voltage but have no idea how to trigger the standby state on the DLCP without the controller board.

TIA

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi!

If I'm sure I don't have DC on my outputs, may I short the 3 capacitors in the input stage of a PSC2-400 plate amps do you think? It's the 3 red marked ones...

//

Attachments

• LY.jpg
    LY.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 442
FA502 Stuck in bootloader

Hi,

I have an FA502 which has gotten stuck in the bootloader. I powered on for first time yesterday and updated the firmware, along with two FA503, and everything seemed fine.

Today I was looking to update some of the volume on settings for the 502 and it's somehow got stuck in the bootloader. I updated the firmware yesterday so I didn't touch it today.

I downloaded the Hypex PDF and I get both errors listed in the FA Update Tutorial V0200.pdf. - first the error about being in bootloader, I follow chapter 4 and try updating with a firmware in the HFD software folder and I just get the error about "failed to update firmware(command timeout)".

The lights on the front of the amp are fairly consistent - turns on with preset 2 and 3 solid green and preset 1 flashing.

However sometimes it goes to all 3 preset lights solid, sometimes 2 and 3 solid with one and prot lights off. Sometimes 2 and 3 preset solid, one off, prot light solid red.

If i start HFD as soon as i power on, it loads and gives me the bootloader screen and I can attempt firmware update. After that HFD starts to a white box and will not respond on laptop until either the USB is unplugged or the amp turned off.

Any idea how I can fix this?

I've mailed Hypex but I'd not expect an answer until Monday I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and knows how to resolve so I can continue my setup this weekend.

Thanks.

For the people who are still using it. The AES/EBU does not seem to be terminated. I added a 120 ohms resistor. Anyone had that experience as well?
I contacted Hypes regarding this issue. They told me that the AES input as well as the spdif input of the DLCP are properly terminated. There is no additional input circuit needed.

Best regards
Alex

Dear all, I am currently trying to set up a PSC2.400 plate amplifier, but I have troubles with the HID USB driver. I have tried 3 different PCs (including 1 running WIN7pro) but the issue is persistant. In the device manager the PSC shows up as unkown HID device with a "Code 10" error (could not start device).

On the WIN7 PC it actually showed up as "PSC2.400" for a fraction of a second but shortly afterwards re-enumerates as unknown HID.

I have searched the web and the forum... nothing particularily helpful.

Any ideas, where to start debugging?

Attachments

• hid.PNG
    hid.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 36