Sounds good, i like it, you may appreciate too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Third part, at left and down page.

Sending third main schematic part.

Carlos

Attachments

• schem 3-4.jpg
    schem 3-4.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 208
You certainly are thorough Carlos.

That's alot more than I'd expected to see :D

Thanks for posting it though, it's always very nice to see a schematic of a known working amplifier. I will be looking over the level shifters and low side supplies with interest for instance. I've tried the same transistor as a level shift and was not at all pleased but, simulation often differs from reality.

Now I'm using a BFV420 from philips as a level shifter. Seems to work much better.

Anyway, refering back to your first few posts in this thread, I can now assure you with 100% certainty, this is _NOT_ a UCD! As MikeB stated this seems to be a very basic rendition of class D, and you seem to like it. I would think you'd appreciate a better class d amp much more.

Why not try a UCD180 module or two? All you need to do is make a power supply for it, just a basic raw DC +- good quality supply, you probably have everything you need for it already. Maybe we can get a review from you of how it sounds against your AKSA amp :)

A cheaper solution that might be alot of fun to toy with would be those Sonic Impact amplifiers, much less power, I personally don't think it's as good as UCD, but it is Tripath based and people seem to think they're very decent. I would think when it comes to the modulator it would be superior than this uses.

Another possibility, you can buy some powered speakers (computer speakers etc) that are SODA based, which are second to UCD but reportedly sounds very good indeed. Should be able to find some fairly cheap.

Regards,
Chris

But simple means not bad !
In fact, i believe that this kind of classd is superior to these
superultrakomplex...
I already worked on a very similar design, and in sims it showed
that it has null high order harmonics, only 2nd and 3rd.
The concept of selfoscillating has a full global feedback, compensating
for most errors.
I think for ClassD is the same rule as for solidstate, the simpler the better !

Do you have schematic for UCD ?

Ah, here's a mirror for the PDF:

http://www.lf-pro.net/mbittner/MCM570.pdf
(Only valid for a few days, thanks to DX for uploading !)

Mike

In fact, i believe that this kind of classd is superior to these

I think UCD proves exactly that!

I agree with what you say about self oscillating, but in this schematic I see it is clock based... inferior.

It could be alot simpler, this isn't very elegant.

This is more the "school book" PWM amp I think.

There's no such thing as a schematic for UCD, see the ucd180 thread Jan-Peter recently posted a paper which will bring you right up to speed on it. I'm working on a full bridge version again, might post it soon.

Regards,
Chris

I am waiting, a good friend John Mateus asked a pair of samples, he will send me one.

And i will construct this UCD, but i am really interested in discrete class D amplifiers, and to feel them more, as delay a long time to perceive defects, and we have to make many comparisons to conclude something, as those class D sounds good as sounds good some amplifiers, AKSA is wonderfull to my ears, i change to AKSA when i want to hear very high frequencies...some bells, some harmonic that help us to identify some instruments characteristics.... sometimes dinamics appear to be better with class D....but distort at peaks, and Aksa goes high without this effect...i do not know exactly with one is better, as one have advantage one side and lost for other point of view.

Graham Maynard amplifiers are wonderfull too, in special the last one...but i cannot speak too much, because do not know if he already published his last amplifier.

I am not visiting our forum the way i done, have other responsabilities that are using some of my time.

But i received a fax!

No name fax..... telling Hugh is preparing some new designs, a very interesting circuit..... it is construct with "cannot tell", and have some injection of "do not know". But as i could hear, will be interesting.... "if i could say"..... maybe a long history to tell, started 1 year ago, the new design...and AKSA will go to third generation of boards, those from new supplier with more quality.

Another fax i received came from a German designer that is near to beat Yamaha line of equipments.

And wait Graham appear with the "Monster of lake Ness"...enormous powerfull hi quality amplifier.

MikeB offered a mirror site to download the Philips Service Manual....i suggest you to do that, as will not delay too much there...and manual is very interesting to see the ideas there.

Simple and Good...if not hi fidelity, have hi quality reproduction of
MP3 in special and good reproduction of standard CDs.

MikeB, thank you to open that chance to our friends to dowload the Philips.

regards,

Carlos

classd4sure said:

I think UCD proves exactly that!

I agree with what you say about self oscillating, but in this schematic I see it is clock based... inferior.

It could be alot simpler, this isn't very elegant.

This is more the "school book" PWM amp I think.

There's no such thing as a schematic for UCD, see the ucd180 thread Jan-Peter recently posted a paper which will bring you right up to speed on it. I'm working on a full bridge version again, might post it soon.

Regards,
Chris

Ah, i had no time yet to look closely to philips schematic, it looked
selfoscillating...
I personally don't like this "school book"-PWM.
I just tried two times in sims with ClassD, first was with clockbased,
it had horrific thd...
Then i had an idea about a selfoscillating, and it showed thd of 0.2%,
without finetuning...

Michael

So, my own discrete class D, will pass so fast ahead of you in the know how auto bahn

... that you will only perceive the smoke and dust when i passed with a highest speed level ahead from your slower schematic..hehe....faster!

Lets see if your French car can compete with my P BMW...Philips Bayerischen Motoren Werke...hehe...dust on you dear chucrute!

Good to met you here.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.