Hypex Fusion bug and wishlist

Attachments

• IMG_20200102_185551_004.jpg
    IMG_20200102_185551_004.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 317
Would it be possible that someone from Hypex.nl please contact Kimmo from VituixCAD so that the crossover simulation can finally provide reliable results for the FusionAmp DSP.

From the VituixCAD documentation:

• Hypex FA 192k. Note! Result is not accurate due to undocumented proprietary biquad calculation of Hypex.
  • Hypex PSC 48k. Note! Result is not accurate due to undocumented proprietary biquad calculation of Hypex.
For serious loudspeaker design it is not enough to load a frequency response into the Hypex Filter Designer.
Keeping both programs up to date at the same time drives you crazy.

Thanks!

And it would be nice if the preset switching is fixed. One or both of the Fusion amps very regularly crash after multiple preset switches via remote control. I experience this almost every night while doing A-B tests with presets. It is workaroundable by turning off and on the plate amps, but it would be nice if this doesn't happen...

And it would be nice if the preset switching is fixed
I can confirm that.
Use two FA503 modules with spdif and a sample rate of 96kHz.
As already described, after multiple switching via remote control the FA503 crashes.

In addition, the slave module simply switches itself off at irregular intervals - don't now why.

I am really very disappointed by the modules that so long after the market launch there are still such serious problems.

The Hypex FilterDesigner cannot import frequency responses and is dependent on impulse response measurement - Which makes the import very cumbersome.

Furthermore, the import function does not seem to work properly with the impulse response generated in VituixCAD. But what is needed to import a combination of nearfield-farfield frequency response into the FilterDesigner.
Without import of those impuls responses, no reasonable crossover can be developed in the low frequency range.

Would it be possible that someone from Hypex.nl please contact Kimmo from VituixCAD so that the crossover simulation can finally provide reliable results for the FusionAmp DSP.

From the VituixCAD documentation:

• Hypex FA 192k. Note! Result is not accurate due to undocumented proprietary biquad calculation of Hypex.
  • Hypex PSC 48k. Note! Result is not accurate due to undocumented proprietary biquad calculation of Hypex.
For serious loudspeaker design it is not enough to load a frequency response into the Hypex Filter Designer.
Keeping both programs up to date at the same time drives you crazy.

Thanks!

I would second this too, VituixCAD is an extraordinary free tool and I would really appreciate to be able to use it with FA plate amps (I have 3 pair of them)

HFD bug

Since my HFD 4.95 crashed very often on my "measurement PC" I have installed HFD on my laptop and... it's not usable as it does not accept any numbers from my laptop keyboard.

I did some investigation and noticed that it only accept numbers from the numeric keypad not from at least normal french keyboard (by using Maj + number on the top line).

If I use an external keyboard without dedicated numeric pad it does not work.

If I use an external keyboard with numeric keypad it works (from the pad of course).
So it does not come specifically from the laptop (HP 360X with Windows 20H1)

Pain in the neck it is !

Does anybody has noticed this problem too ?

Jean Claude

To be more specific, I did some additional tests:

At least on the french keyboard, when you want to type numbers on a compact layout like one in a laptop, you have 2 possibilities:

1) you maintain the shift key depressed while you press the corresponding number: in HFD it does not work at all.

2) you switch the caps lock key ON and now you can correctly enter numbers but you have to remember that you are now in another and unusual keyboard state.