What is wrong with TPA3255?

Newer versions skip it, like this one:

New:
NEW DC48V LM2575S 12 TPA3255 300W + 300W Class D audio Digital Amplifier Board-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

attachment.php

Old:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Image-Source: TI Purepath HD 150 Amplifier Module Class D TPA3255 2x110W 8 Ohm - Audiophonics

Attachments

• HTB1R_6GiSCWBuNjy0Fhq6z6EVXaE.jpg
    HTB1R_6GiSCWBuNjy0Fhq6z6EVXaE.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,590
  • ti-purepath-hd-150-amplifier-module-class-d-tpa3255-2x110w-8-ohm.jpg
    ti-purepath-hd-150-amplifier-module-class-d-tpa3255-2x110w-8-ohm.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,559
  • HTB1DYkGaijrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXae.jpg
    HTB1DYkGaijrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXae.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,213
Last edited:
Hi

the regulator is according to doc a version which is not able to keep the technical specification of the HV version- same chip- same production line....so it could be ok but without garantee. i would not do it.
try to adjust your power supply with the variable resistor on it.

chris

i am sorry. i miss match the versions
T version-> fixed output voltage - 40V max.
S version - adjustable output - 40V max.
HV version > 40V

chris

Last edited:
The TPA3255 is capable of pushing up to 600W in 2R in PBTL configuration. When using the EVM in PBTL the inductors are paralleled, so they share half of the current. (Every inductors does 300Wrms then) Inductor A+C are in parallel, as well as B+D.

So, when using only 2 inductors overall, T106-2 is the correct answer. You may check the Coilcraft datasheet as well:

https://www.coilcraft.com/pdfs/ma5172.pdf

The TPA3255 is capable of pushing up to 600W in 2R in PBTL configuration. When using the EVM in PBTL the inductors are paralleled, so they share half of the current. (Every inductors does 300Wrms then) Inductor A+C are in parallel, as well as B+D.

So, when using only 2 inductors overall, T106-2 is the correct answer. You may check the Coilcraft datasheet as well:

https://www.coilcraft.com/pdfs/ma5172.pdf

Ok. I checked that. Evm has coilcraft inductors. For lower power just like what i want. Seems like T94 for 175 watts is a good choice then.

Hello, I'm planning to build a nice subwoofer for my room.
I don't know the power I want yet, but something around 200-300w 10" sub. Is this TPA3255 the most recomended amplifier at the moment or do you recomend another chip?
I still need to buy the power supply and the crossover (but this is for another topic)

Thank you very much in advance. :)

Hello. I ask you for advice and help with an amplifier with an aliexpress. got this one. The problem is that I use it with 2 columns without a subwoofer. and here is a list of my problems. 1. This amplifier at the outputs has a constant high-frequency noise when it is turned on. because of this, column hiss very much. 2. The bass knob does not work, does not adjust the level of the bass in the speakers. 3. Power. at 30V from the power supply unit consumes only 0.09 And when the sound is playing. 4. wrong separation by high low. very ringing squeaky sound with a muffled middle and a stupid bass flopping. Is it possible to make 2.0 of it and put the sound in order?

Hello. I ask you for advice and help with an amplifier with an aliexpress. got this one. The problem is that I use it with 2 columns without a subwoofer. and here is a list of my problems. 1. This amplifier at the outputs has a constant high-frequency noise when it is turned on. because of this, column hiss very much. 2. The bass knob does not work, does not adjust the level of the bass in the speakers. 3. Power. at 30V from the power supply unit consumes only 0.09 And when the sound is playing. 4. wrong separation by high low. very ringing squeaky sound with a muffled middle and a stupid bass flopping. Is it possible to make 2.0 of it and put the sound in order?

Hi Ruslan

i do not have this amp...anatoliy had this and is happy with this...look at some pages before

The problem is that I use it with 2 columns without a subwoofer.
do not use an Class D amp without a load! you are not connect a sub so please use a 10-20R 5W at this connector.

This amplifier at the outputs has a constant high-frequency noise when it is turned on. because of this, column hiss very much.
try to check seperatly of it is depending on different source or/and the BT module is adding some noise

The bass knob does not work, does not adjust the level of the bass in the speakers.
maybe i am wrong....i personally think that the bass knob is for the sub crossover frequency/voume- but you didi not connect and the other speakers therefore not reacting...its ok ;)

3. Power. at 30V from the power supply unit consumes only 0.09 And when the sound is playing.
the power consumption about 2,7Watt is ok. normal listening is about 1W at home. but iam not really sure what is your problem here...

4. wrong separation by high low
no idea what you mean...

Is it possible to make 2.0 of it and put the sound in order

see point 1, use a 5W resostore on the sub connector

chris