What about SSM3582?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you listened any to those AN drivers or are you just saving them for the project?
I had some super 10 or maybe it was 12 some years ago, one of them started rubbing the coil so they got delegated to the trash bin. Quite liked the effortless sound, but the top end was a tad bit harsh, maybe the classic seres is better?

Update. Nearly Done the CM6632A 10ch isolated amp. :) The active area is isolated from the USB port and from the PVDD supply to the mosfets inside the SMM3582.

I hope to sample this mid April. Cleaning up the silks.

Attachments

• front.png
    front.png
    317 KB · Views: 421
  • back.png
    back.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
I just got to mention my most recent magical solution for multiway setup.
VB cable + Pedalboard 2 (must use 32bit version) + EngineersFilter with high order elliptic filters.

Ridiculously good, and simple!
Perfect for a 10channel amp!

I was so ready to make the move over to direct connection through i2s with a minisharc from Minidsp, but that's not gonna happen now! :)

Attachments

• Elliptic_filters.jpg
    Elliptic_filters.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 387
I hope to get some time to learn about software for pcb design next week, will be away from home because of work. So no small kids, wife, political meetings, work around the house and so on. Hoping it will not be so much overtime so I can focus a bit on important matters. I have a layout very clear and detailed in my mind, hoping for some way to connect the neural network to a computer will be available in a few years...

Last edited:
Oh yes there is no performance progress - it was rave emotion too see something new. Performance is unexpectedly high for such tiny modules. The progress is in other places. First, this is ability to work with 17VDC which allows using 4S Li-Ion battery packs. Higher voltage of 4S packs and a bit higher output voltage swing of these new modules will result in higher power-density of mobile devices. There is also output current, output voltage and battery voltage monitoring added as well. All in all, some improvements... :)

I am courious when someone will DIY-build this into working amplififer. I could even pay someone for doing this for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.