TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

I will be able to add another opinion shortly. My Purifi's run the neurochrome buffer / hypex HxR's.

Should be fine, but this only makes sens if you have a high end TPA3255 module... not a "chinese" one with bad caps etc...

A good TPA3255 amp makes all the difference. When I mean a good one = DrMordor / XRK Audio / 360 Customs / Jlester I dont include 3E Audio here.

Last edited:
As we discussed with cdsgames, a TPA3255 with an implementation worthy of the name, can bring a Purifi or a Bosc to its knees. You will see it soon )

Well, after bringing down my Accuphase power amps and my 300B monoblocks nothing surprises me. Thanks god that there is a company like Texas Instruments. YEE-HAW!

Listening test Accuphase P-300X (rewired, recapped & aligned) vs Chinese TPA-3255 (modded) with Meanwell PSU (modded).

Transient response:

Accuphase P-300X = :snail:
TPA-3255 = Rocket

Transparency:

Accuphase P-300X = :rain:
TPA-3255 = Sunshine

Last edited:
Thanks,

If you had to invest :

SMSLM400 + 3E Audio TPA3255 or TOPPING DX3 Pro + Purifi / Bosc ?

Just pushed the button on Topping D90 - its is reported as having better soundstage than the SMSL. All being well will be with me next week - I'll compare against my T+A DAC 8 DSD (which I found to perform very close to the Mola Mola Tambaqui when I tested them together - T+A running DSD).

Cheers

Just to share,

I added this filter to my DrMordor amp. This helps to avoid RFI / RMI disturbances.

IMG-20201126-141940.jpg

Never, ever put a SMPS, DAC or PC into your stereo mains supply without mains filter. Cos the rest of the equipment will suffer for sure.

The best you can do without paying too much:

1st mains filter->1st isolating transformer->DAC

2nd mains filter->2nd isolating transformer->Anolgue equpiment (preamp, tuner, phono pre etc.)
->mains filter (after the 2nd isolating trans)->SMPS of power amp

Last edited: