2x100W TPA3116D2 (2 chips, each in PBTL)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nah i meant the price including shipping.

Because taobao is: item price + local shipping + international shipping + PayPal fee + agent fee + money conversation fee ..

Better amp?

Quality wise, from the pcb layout i would say no, even if I don't have problems with X7R in the signal path, but who knows what they have sourced. Maybe I should order my first Chinese amp. :)

Last edited:
I have enough of these 3116 amps from China already. But the price of this dual chip amp board is so low, I am really tempted to get one of this, just to compare with all the other boards that I have. At this price, whether the PCB is well designed or not is almost pointless:eek:. If it does not sound decent, just throw it out. Since quite a few owners had commented that this board sounds fine, the risk is not high.

Layout is funny, I don't think any software would draw pcb like that, so they used film from handdrawing ?

There's nothing wrong with having only a bottom groundplane but those distances are far away from optimal (to my knowledge and experience).

I also do this kinda layout for the analog section.

Looks like they optimized the cards for maximum hand soldering and/or "crappy" pick-n-place machines.

:)

But hey, if the perform good, everything's allowed.

Lo_Tse,

yes indeed. If you/someone wants a tightened small good sounding layout, I got it ready in TPA3132D2. (50*35mm without pot) But it's just "50+50W". :D

Of course, not at this low price. I may give me a try as well.

Last edited:
Initially sounds pretty good, using a 20v 3.2 amp laptop brick- only major complaint is that the volume pot adds a lot of noise in the mid range, from 40 to 80% or so. I've started just leaving it on full and controlling with source (just a laptop thus far - quit your snickering!) to avoid the noise. I'm a newbie here, though, so a pretty subjective evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lo_Tse,

yes indeed. If you/someone wants a tightened small good sounding layout, I got it ready in TPA3132D2. (50*35mm without pot) But it's just "50+50W". :D

Of course, not at this low price. I may give me a try as well.

Doc,

I know someone that might want to get a well made amp like yours. Of course the price will be higher for quality stuffs. I'll pass the info along.

Regards,

For Sanwu you don't need agent I think, but ask them. I used couple of agents after being cheated by Aliexpress, which is Taobao also, but I don't deal with them direct any more because of that. Wrote about it couple of times, basicly they cancel order and gave me partial refund, which is strange already, I didn't cancel, they deduct money from refund AND to make things totally fun, they transfered money to my bankaccount, all costs my bank, costs which added up higher than partial refund they sent me that way, so no goods ever for more money than I spent LOL Briljant scam. Because sometimes I want some from China I use agents, and those sofar made money but are in my eyes far more reliable then Ali themselves.
TPA3118 PBTL????????1X60W ????SANWU-??????

For Sanwu you don't need agent I think, but ask them. I used couple of agents after being cheated by Aliexpress, which is Taobao also, but I don't deal with them direct any more because of that. Wrote about it couple of times, basicly they cancel order and gave me partial refund, which is strange already, I didn't cancel, they deduct money from refund AND to make things totally fun, they transfered money to my bankaccount, all costs my bank, costs which added up higher than partial refund they sent me that way, so no goods ever for more money than I spent LOL Briljant scam. Because sometimes I want some from China I use agents, and those sofar made money but are in my eyes far more reliable then Ali themselves.
TPA3118 PBTL????????1X60W ????SANWU-??????

@ irribeo,

This one looks good. More convenient for multi-channel application. Have you tried this one out yet?

Regards,

Btw. Nice board board but why the heck they are going for hatched groundplane..

Inputgnd connected to psu gnd is quieter here with pbtl's I tried, quieter than standard inputgnd location on gnd plane with tpa in between both. Maybe others noticed that too, I have seen it on some other 3116 ampboards, identifier ZD, too. But cooling might be a little less, not that 3118 or 3116 needs a lot cooling when used for music.

I haven't tried these little 3118's yet, I was actually looking for differential input boards like new chinese wiener and another cheap pbtl 3116 that is bigger and where heatsink obscures view on layout.

Dual 3116 with single heat sink - no R13 (10K)

I purchased in July this year a dual 3116 (marked: XH-M190 V3) with a big single heat sink across both chips. It was DOA, got a refund, still have it

Purchased another one about 3 or 4 weeks ago, works OK. It's also marked: XH-M190 V3

The DOA one had 33uH inductors, the new one has 10uH, both having 680nF caps on the speaker sides of the inductors. Looks as though XH-M190 V3 relates to the PCB only, not the components !!! :)

What interests me is the DOA one had a 10K resistor marked R13, looking like it was linking the synch pins on the two chips, with an adjacent cap marked C33 to ground ... as per TI 2.1 schematic on the datasheet

HOWEVER, the new one I received has no R13 (although the solder pads are in place, not connected). C33 is on the board. To my non-golden, non-audiophile ears, the board sounds OK

The pic is from ebay, missing R13 clearly shown (I've put a big R13 in white so you can't miss it)

Would DocMord or another guru tell me if I should add R13 10K resistor to the new board, please?

Thank you

j.R.c

Attachments

• R13 Missing.jpg
    R13 Missing.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,261
gainresistors second chip can tell you if it is slave or like left chip also master, they removed the not working synch connection, however it seems they also removed capacitor to gnd for synch output this way, if I can see pcbtracks correctly, I believe Dug thinks it is better without when not used, don't know.

gainresistors second chip can tell you if it is slave or like left chip also master, they removed the not working synch connection, however it seems they also removed capacitor to gnd for synch output this way, if I can see pcbtracks correctly, I believe Dug thinks it is better without when not used, don't know.

That nailed it !!!!!!! I should have looked before asking :eek: Thank you :)

The DOA board with the synch link resistor (marked R13 on the PCB) is configured master/slave with a 26dB gain ... 100K GVVD & 20K on one chip, 47K GVVD & 75K on the other chip

The new board without the synch link resistor (marked R13 on the PCB) is configured master/master with a 36dB gain ... 75K GVVD & 47K ... on both chips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.