SoundStream BXA1-5000D audio problem

I have this amp that’s flickering between protection and power, I’ve remove the rectified rail volts and the power supply is ok. When the outputs ate removed it’s on but not going in protection, there is low side drive wave but not high side out of the chip IR2010S and I’m getting input on both drive pins on same IC..

Attachments

• FC6E7D78-49CB-4980-BE91-9B80A2DF979C.jpg
    FC6E7D78-49CB-4980-BE91-9B80A2DF979C.jpg
    609.3 KB · Views: 126
I failed to mention that during the boot up process the amp was drawing a lot of amp hence the protection. It didn’t draw current after removal of the output FETs, I reinsert two fets on both bank (one each) and I heard a little pop when I turn it on then the driver IC has exploded.

Attachments

• A41A2219-7CAB-4D66-9DE2-951211DC79E1.jpg
    A41A2219-7CAB-4D66-9DE2-951211DC79E1.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 107
The "Test" that Perry told you to do, had to be done without the mosfets.

I try to explain you better:

Usually drivers similar to yours use a voltage of 12v starting from a reference in the negative rail to generate the signal on the low side.

The high side always uses the same 12volt (isolated via a diode, called "VB DIODE") using a different reference (central point where your mosfets meet, so Source of the high mosfet and Drain of the low mosfet) which by convention we call "point H".

This way, when you turn on the amplifier, the low side is generated, creating a first pulse on the H point; this first impulse will become your reference for the high side, which will then generate its impulse; this is a loop that repeats itself indefinitely until class D works.
For this reason, if there are no mosfets installed, the high side will never come out, so Perry advised you to use a 9v battery to simulate that "pulse" you needed to see if the high side worked.

All these tests are done without mosfets.
If you installed new mosfets by doing this test, you caused more damage, damaging the good mosfets and probably the driver itself (if it wasn't already damaged before).

So now, you better replace everything (driver + mosfet + controls everywhere).

I’ve rebuilt the card for this amp, both IC were damaged but im still not getting a drive signal when I use the battery (8.85v) and in doing so the low side drive is struggling or died out while the battery is connected.
Also I went ahead an install the output fets, and two died, out of four and if memory correct it was the highside that have been shorted