Need Help With CEC FR-808 Turntable Wiring

Thanks for the update Jim.

I'm not sure where the values 9.2uF and 4.2uF have come from, but the series capacitance is 2.95uF which is close to the value of 2.5uF estimated by ralphfcooke in post #68.

It's been a long, but interesting journey and it appears we've got there in the end.

Hope you will update us further on the performance of the turntable when your project is completed. :)

Just in case someone is refurbishing a table like this...I've got a CEC FR-180 with that dead capacitor as well. If you have a look at the picture at the beginning of the thread, you can see the 3 numbers 2-0-1,7 written at the top end of it. So it is a double capacitor; I've replaced the dead one with 2 and 1,7uf, wired as it was before and the motor is running absolutely stable and cool.
It has even 2 caps like that, the second one reads 0,5-0-0,7 and is wired in parallel through a switch for running it also at 60hz.
At first listening I am surprised by the 3 dimensional sound it generates, although a little bass shy. The idler wheel is hardened, so maybe a new one will fix that issue.
Hope it helps...

Attachments

• IMG_20220714_185218.jpg
    IMG_20220714_185218.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 36
It took me a while to figure it out while staring stupidly at all those wires:unsure:
Do you still own that table? It's difficult to find someone in Europe who refurbishes idler wheels, which is badly needed in this one.
It is very speed stable, same as my Sony TTS8000, which is remarkable for a TT from 1965.