Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

DIY linear tonearm
DIY linear tonearm
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 12:21 AM   #3281
warrjon is offline warrjon  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffy View Post
Hi Warrjon,

Sorry to hear about your carbide supply problems. The rods I got from Joe were perfectly straight. They weren't polished to a high finish but an afternoon buffing sorted that. The rings were surprisingly round, varying by only about 10um.

Niffy

I looked at the place Joe posted but they do not ship to Australia, and finding a supplier here for carbide blanks in low qty has been unfruitful. I can get silver steel rods locally which are ground to H6 and straight to 3um/m. I was seriously considering using these.

DIY linear tonearmHide this!Advertise here!