Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
merlin took the 1000th post :)

NOOOOOOO!!!!! :grumpy::eek::t_ache:;)

On the board though, however marked post #1001 it is. The 1000th reply...!!

Marlin is just a magician...ahahahahaha...

BTW I am still listening to he prototype of my masterpiece and it is pretty darn good. I just finished the new layout for the super shunt and today I am starting on the main board.
I hope to be done by middle next week and order boards.

Phono board won't have output stage, as I will have two extra boards with Calvin buffer and my super buffer with IF3602.
This way it will be possible to just plug in ti try and decide between the two.

Mor details will follow. :note::note:
:cool:

Very good, how high is the noise ?

I haven't measured it as I think it makes no sense to measure it on a prototype with all wires hanging out.
However at listening it sounhds extremely silent and I have the impression it is actually quieter than Paradise.
This being said, to make a real comparison and matching with the simulation final prototype will be needed.
At that point I will make noise measurement with the spectum analyzer to say it for sure.

What impact me the most is the openess and clear sound crispness and power.
I am really curios to see if Calvin buffer will perform better.
As for now it is hard to imagine it can even sound better...but time will tell I guess.

I think they sound pretty good and I keep using them in my implementation.
For me it's one of the most pleasing/more neutral sounding medium power BJT I have tried so dfar.
The sound pretty good at about 10-15mA.
I wouldn't use them as input devices though.
Very good for cascoding or as current mirrors such as in this applucation.

Schematic looks good but where is the servo ?
I think you left it out because there is also no buffer.

Yes servo is on a little separate board as well for testing purpose.
However at the end the PSU and servo will be pluggable modules on the final product.
It will be built dual mono with batteries and control circuitry for the battery on one chassis....but control for the battery will come later...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.