MPP

Joined 2006
Paid Member
So we have:

Low feedback means less extension in frequency of harmonic distortion product generation. This means less likelihood of slewing related distortions, and less "noise modulation", especially in the high frequencies. Balanced topologies don't generate much if any even harmonic distortion product, so there's no 2nd harmonic, which is very arguably the most (or only) desirable of the distortion products. Slight AC imbalance in the push-pull output stage means you get a 2nd harmonic distortion product that dominates over the 3rd. The ideal would seem to be low or no feedback, and avoiding a perfectly balanced topology

Last edited:
I am back from ETF in Berlin. It was really great, we had lots of fun and 24 hours music.
Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• WBF.jpg
    WBF.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 429
  • ETF 2.jpg
    ETF 2.jpg
    779.1 KB · Views: 416
  • BETF.jpg
    BETF.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 394
  • JLB.jpg
    JLB.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 390
  • KF.jpg
    KF.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 381
  • LRBH.jpg
    LRBH.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 219
TS

Here is the conceptual schematic of the Transimpedance Simplistic, TS in short.
The input is a high Gm transconductance stage with 160mS. This works on a low noise BJT cascode current source.
I will show you the values of the RIAA later today. With that values gain is around 66dB so there could be a volume control in the RIAA and a sensitive amp could be direct fed without a line stage.
The output buffer is from the Paradise. If we use a plus-minus supply on the buffer it could be DC coupled at the output but i think that is too much trouble for too little gain. I think a good cap at the output is just fine.

Attachments

• Transimpedance Simplistic.jpg
    Transimpedance Simplistic.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 262