Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th October 2020, 08:09 AM   #1571
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member

tER i have I/O board with phono input, look in my signature. i don't know if that can help
Old 11th October 2020, 08:06 PM   #1572
fvzeppelin is offline fvzeppelin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Need help debugging

I am currently setting up my 2nd DS preamp. Unfortunately, I am facing a strange problem and I don't know where to start debugging:

Basically, everythng works fine, including the controls But when I turn up the Lo Gain, starting from somewhere above the center position, there is suddenly a loud hum on both channels until I turn back the Lo Gain

(Think I even crashed my 2 test speakers with it )

Ideas anyone?
Old 15th October 2020, 03:03 PM   #1573
tER299 is offline tER299  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicoco View Post
tER i have I/O board with phono input, look in my signature. i don't know if that can help
Thanks for the tip, it may very well! Do you, by any chance, have any FPD/DXF-files that'll fit the I/O board? And how would I go about connecting the I/O-part to the board? It's rather hard to tell from the images, but does the board switch between possible in puts (just like it would in the Doug Self I/O - output, see attachment) or are the RCA and XLR always active at the same time?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IO.jpg (21.7 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by tER299; 15th October 2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 16th October 2020, 11:37 AM   #1574
diyAudio Member

tER,
The board that will fit the best your need is 8 inputs with 4 RCA and 4 XLR ( separate from each other) with input RCA1 is reserved for phono input, the inputs switch between with the selector.
Yes i have FPD/DXF-files.
The inputs and ouputs connection to Dself preamp could be done easly from the HDR VERT DOUBLE 20P to the I/O board with the 5-pin Molex KK
The bad news is i am out of stock actualy of this board, i will need 2 weeks to get those, please PM if interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCB I_O PREAMP 8 INPUT connector version XLR:RCA.jpg (696.4 KB, 129 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PCB I_O PREAMP 8 INPUT connector version XLR:RCA.pdf (409.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 20th October 2020, 08:05 PM   #1575
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tER299 View Post
Thanks for the tip, it may very well! Do you, by any chance, have any FPD/DXF-files that'll fit the I/O board? And how would I go about connecting the I/O-part to the board? It's rather hard to tell from the images, but does the board switch between possible in puts (just like it would in the Doug Self I/O - output, see attachment) or are the RCA and XLR always active at the same time?

I updated and redesigned the 8 input Board (340mm x 66mm)to be able to use the same ribbon Cable who is connected to the Dself Preamp board with a new 20p connector. That is 4 Unbalanced RCA and 4 Balanced XLR separate Input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCB- I-O CONNECTION BOARD 8 INPUT Version 2-XLR RCA.jpg (413.7 KB, 91 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PCB- I-O CONNECTION BOARD 8 INPUT Version 2-XLR RCA.pdf (478.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 21st October 2020, 04:58 PM   #1576
Rick G is offline Rick G  United States
diyAudio Member

Is this V2 available on your site for purchase?
Also, do you have a template avail as a drilling setup for this i/o board?

Rick
Old 21st October 2020, 07:37 PM   #1577
diyAudio Member

Not yet, i have to send the file for production to the board house, and yes i have the drilling template for the rear panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCB-I-O-CONNECTION-BOARD-VERSION-2-XLR:RCA Dimensions.jpg (837.6 KB, 53 views)
Old 21st October 2020, 08:57 PM   #1578
Rick G is offline Rick G  United States
diyAudio Member

OK.Thank You.Am interested when available.

Rick
Old 21st October 2020, 09:30 PM   #1579
diyralf is offline diyralf
diyAudio Member

Without being negative: I miss the RFI filters on the board.
  Reply to this post

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5Hide this!Advertise here!