Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th September 2020, 08:13 PM   #1561
brian92fs is online now brian92fs  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecrowder View Post
Slimline 1U right here from the DIY store. Will have to ship off front and back panels to FPD for machine work.
I believe the DIYAudio store can do the panel customizations using the FPD files. No need to engage a separate vendor. In addition, the DIYAudio store offers re-anodization after milling, which FPE here in the USA does not offer.
Old 29th September 2020, 05:31 PM   #1562
etlasr is offline etlasr  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default signal transfer unresponsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsond3 View Post
I was looking at the website yesterday. The Signal Transfer Company: Precision Preamplifier
Olsond3, yep as others have noted trying to secure kit via Signal Transfer isn't easy. I am one of those who has tried and failed. Pity as it's good kit, if you can get it.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:44 PM   #1563
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Why is Carl Huff's pre-amp implementation not sufficient for you needs?
There was also the Elektor Pre-amplifier 2012.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:54 PM   #1564
Freecrowder is offline Freecrowder  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks DM55.
I'll try to get some of my inbox freed up
Old 29th September 2020, 08:13 PM   #1565
diyAudio Member

DM55
Inbox empty. Fire away
Old 29th September 2020, 08:16 PM   #1566
diyAudio Member

I did not know that the store did machining and Infill. They use .FPD's. Are they just sending on to Front Panel. How about costs?
Old 29th September 2020, 10:43 PM   #1567
iaRIVR is offline iaRIVR  United States
diyAudio Member

Finally about to start this! Couple questions-

1) Digikey is out of the Amgis L01-6354 until December. Alternatives? Antek AN-0218 - 25VA?

2) Input - I only need one input (RCA for phono). Could I remove the IO and wire directly to the main PCB? That seems to leave out the 3 second delay on the IO board. Not a big deal to leave the IO board in.

3)Another idea is to include a phono (Bugle2) in the case and run it directly to the main PCB. I will primarily be using this with an Aleph J, so it would be nice to have phono-preamp-amp connection with the ability to bypass the tone controls. Might be unnecessarily restrictive, but I can always change it later.

Please feel free to PM me on questions 2&3 since they are specific to my build and I don't want to clutter up the thread. Any general insight or considerations would be extremely helpful. Still learning on this.
Old 29th September 2020, 11:21 PM   #1568
brian92fs is online now brian92fs  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecrowder View Post
I did not know that the store did machining and Infill. They use .FPD's. Are they just sending on to Front Panel. How about costs?
Yep - its in the Chassis section under Customization Services. Prices are listed there. It's competitive with FPE, if not better. I believe they do the work themselves. The FPD files are a form of CAD files as far as I know, so they can use these.
Old 29th September 2020, 11:40 PM   #1569
jwilhelm is offline jwilhelm  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaRIVR View Post
Finally about to start this! Couple questions-

1) Digikey is out of the Amgis L01-6354 until December. Alternatives? Antek AN-0218 - 25VA?

2) Input - I only need one input (RCA for phono). Could I remove the IO and wire directly to the main PCB? That seems to leave out the 3 second delay on the IO board. Not a big deal to leave the IO board in.

3)Another idea is to include a phono (Bugle2) in the case and run it directly to the main PCB. I will primarily be using this with an Aleph J, so it would be nice to have phono-preamp-amp connection with the ability to bypass the tone controls. Might be unnecessarily restrictive, but I can always change it later.

Please feel free to PM me on questions 2&3 since they are specific to my build and I don't want to clutter up the thread. Any general insight or considerations would be extremely helpful. Still learning on this.
Talema 70054K

You can wire the phonostage directly to it

Last edited by jwilhelm; 29th September 2020 at 11:42 PM.
Old 8th October 2020, 06:19 PM   #1570
tER299 is offline tER299  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Would it be possible to get the I/O board separately? I've been struggling with seemingly differing dimensions, and have now lifted some pads.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5Hide this!Advertise here!