ZAPpulse 2.3SE vs. 700XE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Sp-xxxx

Joep Zonnebloem said:
Hi Alab,

Well that is some more information at least, thanks. But it is like you are not very happy to give extensive info on your products (or you don't know what information is relevant for DIY; in that case I could give you some hints).
But 140 dollar is a proper price, I think, so I could give it a try. Still some more questions that are important for a class d DIY:
- what are the dimensions (!)
- what kind of output filter do the supplies have (can I easily add extra capacitance?)

I think I would go for the 2400, which would give me over 1kW in 4Ohm, if I can extrapolize your specifications on the 1000 model (can I?).

The MeanWell supplies have a nice website with ample specifications (.pdf's), but for my needs (+70V 0V -70V) they are not suitable.

Best regards, JZ
Hi Joep Zonnebloem
thank, interested in SMPS.but i can't answer english not good.
and dimensions for sp-300( wxdxh)107x135x60 mm , sp-1000-SP2400(wxdxh)165x375x69 mm and SP3600-SP4200(wxdxd)165x375x75mm and yes,you can easily add extra capacitance
Best regards
alab-pro

Lars, If your girlfriend still allows you to read these forums (hahaha.....) just letting you know I've received the T-networks from you last week.

:D She lets me do what ever i want, we just started, you know ;) But there is no internet connection in her house in Norway, so i can't log on, when i'm at her place. Will get soon!

But what is your conclusion on T-Net vs Cerafine so far?

Hi Lars,

Still waiting on my transformer and have to order bridge rectifiers and a few other things, I hope to have amp completed by the end of this month and will be able to give some answers then.

So far all I can comment is on the size difference, the four poles sure fit in the case easier, people seem to agree big caps sound best... if we go by that the T-networks already lost. We shall see!

Regards,
Chris

Re: Re: Sp-xxxx

alabpro said:

Hi Joep Zonnebloem
thank, interested in SMPS.but i can't answer english not good.
and dimensions for sp-300( wxdxh)107x135x60 mm , sp-1000-SP2400(wxdxh)165x375x69 mm and SP3600-SP4200(wxdxd)165x375x75mm and yes,you can easily add extra capacitance
Best regards
alab-pro

Hi Alab-pro,
Sorry I remarked on your English, I shouldn't have mentioned it. After all, it's not too bad.
I saw you have been working on the site. I'll order the SMPS as soon as you have it together again (I missed the "order" buttons.)
Thanks for the information!

Regards, JZ

First of all sorry for being offline for a while, the internet connection of The Norwegian location was not activated before now, so i couldn't get online. Incredible how much you get used to living on the internet, and how much you can miss it, when suddenly you have to live without for a while. Anyway i'm back online, and will join the diyaudio community more frequently again.

As some of you might know i no longer work in L C Audio Technology.
In order to spend more time in Norway with my girlfriend ;), i have quit my job in Denmark, but still i work for L C Audio as an (independent) external technology developer. And of course it's a relief to be able to concentrate on the tech stuff, and get piece of mind to work on some new ideas that's been cooking lately, but with no time to check out. So it just might turn out as a win win situation for everyone.

Just wanted to fill you all in :)

All the best from

Lars Clausen

Bambadoo: thanks for the warm welcome!

Right now i am in Denmark for a couple of days, but i understand you had a ****load of rain yesterday. :cool: Well i guess 'better weather' was the only thing Jens Stoltenberg (the brand new prime minister in Norway) didn't promise in the election campaigns.

Haugesund that's quite close, maybe we can meet one day, and listen to amplifiers. And hopefully you can fill me in on the local audio communities. ;)

Lars Clausen said:
Hi Chris

I hope you don't mean from my side...? :cannotbe:

Lars

No Sir, I got all my caps in and they're sitting here (thank you). In fact I'm kicking around the idea of powering up a module today, with the cerafines, just using a series 100W light to limite inrush current.

No I meant the kind of suppliers that sell Shakti pet rocks and think shielded wire should cost a grand per meter but still you can only have it if you're special... you should see some of the emails :devilr:

I've also been researching soft start/ DC protection options and building a parts list for that but so many options it takes time.

Regards,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.