• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Crossover and Waveguide GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
XSD Speaker XO and WG GB status update

hallcon83 was just added since he was unable to respond previously due to a doctor’s note. :)

Name / #XO’s (pair) / WG’s (pair) / Country
bloqhed / 1 XO / 1 WG / USA / Ordered / (big cap option)
Dawa / 1 XO / 1 WG / Sweden / Ordered
Pinnocchio / 0 XO / 1 WG / Canada
jack_b/ 1XO / 1 WG / USA / Ordered / (big cap option)
veereshai/ 1XO / 1 WG / USA (NoVa) Ordered (big cap option)
Bkhatton / 1XO / 1 WG / USA / Ordered
dBel84 / 0XO / 1WG / USA / Ordered
hallcon83 / 1 XO / 1 WG / USA

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
hi Folks,

Update on custom waveguides: I just got a note from the fabrication house that the waveguides won’t ship until June 25. I was hoping by the 14th originally. Sorry for the delay but I promise it will be worth it.

I’ll have the packages all ready to ship and once the waveguides arrive I’ll try to send everything out the next day or so.

Thanks for your patience.

Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
XSD Speaker XO and WG GB status update

Thanks for placing your order hallcon83!

Name / #XO’s (pair) / WG’s (pair) / Country
bloqhed / 1 XO / 1 WG / USA / Ordered / (big cap option)
Dawa / 1 XO / 1 WG / Sweden / Ordered
Pinnocchio / 0 XO / 1 WG / Canada
jack_b/ 1XO / 1 WG / USA / Ordered / (big cap option)
veereshai/ 1XO / 1 WG / USA (NoVa) Ordered (big cap option)
Bkhatton / 1XO / 1 WG / USA / Ordered
dBel84 / 0XO / 1WG / USA / Ordered
hallcon83 / 1 XO / 1 WG / USA / Ordered (big cap option)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This is the pre-production sample crossover for the commercial XSD Speaker. I decided to go with all film caps (MKP). I might have to rotate the middle air core inductor 90deg to reduce cross talk - but that might be minor effect. The DIY version of this crossover will of course, be different. Much more colorful and bigger with red and black and yellow and white film caps, also will have fancy Mills MRA resistors.
6B3647A7-C71A-4055-8DA2-3525BB0DD035.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Most of the XO parts arrived. I am waiting for the back ordered iron core inductors and one of the film caps. Here is what a complete kit looks like. The two large black caps in the back are the 250v Dayton MKPs vs the two “big cap option” white ones are the 930v MKPs. I have assembled all the components into kits.
1654137082976.jpeg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
I have a correction on the voltage rating of the big cap. It’s 500vdc not 930vdc. Still better than the 250vdc of the Dayton. They are labeled 330vac and I multiplied by 2.83 to get the peak to peak of 930vdc but looking back at quoted specs they say 500vdc. Sorry about the mistake.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I am getting several requests to open a second GB for the XSD crossover kit. Let’s start an interest list here. Please add your name and usual quantity info if interested.

Pricing is $385 for XO kit, WG pair is $77. Nominal price increase due to parts shortages and cost of manufacturing increases.

Name / pairs XO (big cap option Y/N) / pairs Waveguides / Country

————————————
XSD Speaker XO Kit GB2 interest list

JohnDoe / 1 pair XO (Y big caps) / 1 pair WG / USA

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
I have good news. The CNC’d waveguides have completed production and have been hard anodized and are shipping out today or tomorrow. I also managed to get a batch of iron core 18ga inductors custom made just for our GB. I tried finding a COTS one available in-stock anywhere - simply not there. I’m going to have to pay for the courier express shipping from
China though on this rather than make you all wait until August 20 for the back ordered ones from Parts Express. Thanks for your patience.
1656522050846.jpeg

1656522082607.jpeg

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm interested but have too many projects, by next group buy if there is one. This is something I need to build by this fall. Are there plans somewhere to calculate the rest of the costs for the mid range driver, and woofers? I would go ahead and order those tweeters from Parts Express and get the wave guides on the way. Midr range and woofers too for that matter. I see crossovers may well be available later at increased costs outside of group buy, and that too is ok. Is the schematic available? If not its no biggie, your crossover kit is going to be good, and likely at a better price than I can find. Just dont want to get in the middle and the rest isnt available or duplicatable either!

Its about time I build another set of speakers. This looks like a hum dinger.

Russellc