• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Crossover and Waveguide GB

Joined 2020
Paid Member
I would like, if possible, to have the front baffle go all the way to the floor, examples shown seem to have it sitting on top of the base, exposing the edge of the base at the bottom of the panel.

Russellc

I think it's worth at least discussing with him what can be done. From a brief chat it sounds like he has a really cool and capable setup. I more or less said I was hoping to get baffles and woofer cores, as those were the tough parts for me to make, and let him basically just run with that.

And I just got an update from UPS. They should be here tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2020
Paid Member
Very Cool. I will probably tell him to duplicate what you had him do. I can do the glue and clamp, less parts and weight to ship,
And no assembly for him. I have all the drivers now, still sticking deadener on woofers.

Russellc

For shipping purposes, I would anticipate that he would prefer to glue the woofer core to the baffles. Given the weight of everything I can't picture any way to ship them un-glued unless things were in separate boxes.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I think it's worth at least discussing with him what can be done. From a brief chat it sounds like he has a really cool and capable setup. I more or less said I was hoping to get baffles and woofer cores, as those were the tough parts for me to make, and let him basically just run with that.

And I just got an update from UPS. They should be here tomorrow!
Post a pic most definitely! Like you said, I dont have tools for the woofer holder part for sure. If I made face plate, would not be attractive!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
For shipping purposes, I would anticipate that he would prefer to glue the woofer core to the baffles. Given the weight of everything I can't picture any way to ship them un-glued unless things were in separate boxes.
I'm sure his way is best way, and that would also set and angle of the faceplate I assume as well . Oh, I am assuming yours got there all good?

Russellc

Joined 2020
Paid Member
I have a pic here in the main thread here. :)

Also in regards to the GB, I think maybe we let it sit for another week to give people time to join in if there are any late comers, is that ok with everyone?

XO PCB GB Status:
Name / Qnty (pair) / Country
———————————————-
Wagnju / 1 pair / Germany
Statler / 1 pair / USA / big cap
Bryguy / 1 pair / USA / big cap
cwlo / 1 pair / USA / big cap
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA
Russell / 1 pair / USA / Big cap
JHClark / 3 pair / USA / big cap
wirewiggler / 1 pair / USA / big cap

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have a pic here in the main thread here. :)

Also in regards to the GB, I think maybe we let it sit for another week to give people time to join in if there are any late comers, is that ok with everyone?

XO PCB GB Status:
———————————————-
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA
Russell / 1 pair / USA / Big cap
Fine with me, Its still going to be a minute, but getting much, much closer!

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Apparently I miss spelled my own name! There, fixed!

XO PCB GB Status:
———————————————-
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA
Russellc / 1 pair / USA / Big cap

Joined 2020
Paid Member
At this point I think I have just about everything I need to finish things up. The only roadblock now is that the only place nearby that carries baltic birch plywood I need for the base and wings, only sells in 4 x 8 sheets, and they don't cut for you. I don't have a truck so I'm trying to decide if I recruit a friend, rent a truck for an hour, or bring a cordless saw and some saw horses to the store and cut the sheets in the parking lot.

Joined 2020
Paid Member
It looks like we aren't getting any more interest in the crossover PCBs, so it's high time we order. Taking a look at current pricing on JLCPCB, we are looking at $17.50/pair plus shipping, I figure we'll work out shipping individually.

Assuming we don't have any last minute jump-in's to the GB I will place an order for boards at this time tomorrow.

XO PCB GB Status:
———————————————-
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA
Russellc / 1 pair / USA / Big cap

Reactions: 1 users