• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Crossover and Waveguide GB

Joined 2020
Paid Member
wagnju you are a saint, I hope that we can get enough non-big cap users to get you a board meant for your caps :)

XO PCB GB Status:
Name / Qnty (pair) / Country
———————————————-
Wagnju / 1 pair / Germany
Statler / 1 pair / USA / big cap
Bryguy / 1 pair / USA / big cap
cwlo / 1 pair / USA / big cap

Joined 2003
Paid Member
XO PCB GB Status:
———————————————-
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA
Russell / 1 pair / USA / Big cap

Joined 2020
Paid Member
JHClark and wirewiggler, the footprint location for the dayton caps you have is ~60mm x 60mm, with some small breathing room, but I think if you were to mount it at a slight angle you'd be able to fit it no problems.

XO PCB GB Status:
———————————————-
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA
JHClark / 1 pair / USA / big cap
wirewiggler / 1 pair / USA / big cap

JHClark and wirewiggler, the footprint location for the dayton caps you have is ~60mm x 60mm, with some small breathing room, but I think if you were to mount it at a slight angle you'd be able to fit it no problems.

XO PCB GB Status:
———————————————-
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA
bloqhed,
Thanks for confirming the suitability of your board to those of us who want to use all film caps - in spite of their larger size. You have performed a fine public service in my view and I "Thank You".
JHClark

XSD XO PCB (by Bloqhead) GB interest list (only people who have bought the XO kit can sign up). Cost is TBD by Bloqhead but my guess is that shipping and nominal manufacturing costs for larger 2mm thick 2oz copper with ENIG is about $20/pair. Shipping is typically $8 in CONUS, $17 CAN, and $23 everywhere else.

———————————————-
Statler / 1 pair / ?
Bryguy / 1 pair / USA
XRK,
I've signed up for one of the XO boards because I've only purchased one XO kit. I want to build more of these speakers in the future - but not immediately. Can I buy two more boards now or do I have to buy two more XO kits first? If I can do this, you can sign me up for a total of three boards - all big cap.
My Thanks In advance,
JHClark

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Unless X has a problem with it, I am ok with people requesting multiple sets. If anything it will help potentially bring per-board costs down.

XO PCB GB Status:
———————————————-
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA

Joined 2020
Paid Member
With JHClark ponying up for 3 pair, that puts us at 20 boards total, $9.06 per board, let's give people some more time to join in the GB.

XO PCB GB Status:
———————————————-
Bkhatton / 1 pair / USA
JHClark / 3 pair / USA / big cap

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2020
Paid Member
Did you just have woofer sections and faceplate done? I was thinking of something along these lines.

Russellc

I did! X's guy is a real deal saint. I attached the most recent picture he sent before it was shipped out. The baffle and cores are glued together, and I think there's a strip of wood added to the bottom of the baffle that's at a 90degree angle so I don't have to deal with 5 degree angles down there. I make the assumption about the strip because it appears there's a small strip at the bottom with grain running a different direction. The cabinet maker wasn't sure if he could fit the base's in the box and as he didn't explicitly state he fit them in, I am assuming they didn't fit, either way. the baffle and cores are the huge road blocks for someone with limited tool access, and no-where near his level of skills.

He also mentioned that the baffles are slightly wider than design to help hide the wings, as well as sent along some tips and ideas for finishing and assembly.

The pricing for materials and labor was very fair if not downright generous, shipping was through UPS and at this point it's all on them :D

xsd-latest.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I did! X's guy is a real deal saint. I attached the most recent picture he sent before it was shipped out. The baffle and cores are glued together, and I think there's a strip of wood added to the bottom of the baffle that's at a 90degree angle so I don't have to deal with 5 degree angles down there. I make the assumption about the strip because it appears there's a small strip at the bottom with grain running a different direction. The cabinet maker wasn't sure if he could fit the base's in the box and as he didn't explicitly state he fit them in, I am assuming they didn't fit, either way. the baffle and cores are the huge road blocks for someone with limited tool access, and no-where near his level of skills.

He also mentioned that the baffles are slightly wider than design to help hide the wings, as well as sent along some tips and ideas for finishing and assembly.

The pricing for materials and labor was very fair if not downright generous, shipping was through UPS and at this point it's all on them :D

View attachment 1093354
Cool! My thought exactly. I will give a call!

Thanks,

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member

View attachment 1093354
I would like, if possible, to have the front baffle go all the way to the floor, examples shown seem to have it sitting on top of the base, exposing the edge of the base at the bottom of the panel.

Russellc