Xover to filter woofer SB 23NRSX45-8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But SBA can be attenuate for 3/5 dBs:confused:

I think that considering the response from the right position, this point is now moot.

When you have the second speaker built, a measurement of both speakers sounding simultaneously will give you a clearer idea of the bass you will get. And the response under 200hz will no longer be the response of the left nor the right speaker, but somthing different.

Y no me vengas con que en el grave también hay estereo...;):D

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Both channels FR.

Attachments

• dos cajas FR.png
    dos cajas FR.png
    73 KB · Views: 132
I am a bit surprised because when 2 speakers are measured simultaneously, as there is always a difference in time arrival from each speaker, this delay causes a lot of combing making the response in the mids and highs very cahotic, while yours is surprisingly smooth.:confused:

Do you see 2 separate main impulses on the impulse response screen?

Btw, in the modal region your last curves are no longer as alarming as the first ones...

Ok the 2 first impulses of each speaker can be seen, though of different amplitudes, which might be a result of hf attenuation on the first one.

There is about 1ms delay between them which should make for a dip at around 500 hz (that i don't see on your FR) and combing above that, but you have also plenty of strong early reflections that might smear that combing. Add also the smoothing on your measurement...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.