Xmas Amp - Dibya's TDA7293 by Jhofland

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Shipping payment list. Please include your DIYA screen name and shipping address in the PayPal comments.
Thanks,
X

Jlevro
Astromo
Nautibuoy
kp93300
Signal lost
Chermann
Twocents
Invaderzim
Francois G
Tubesguy
Sixto
Angchuck
Kokanee
diy.tiger (Store order)
Kay Pirinha
Flamethrower1
Asuslover
Comicrcc (are you same as c****electronics?

If I take the list above and combine with the latest list of interest and folks on the waiting list, we get this:

MaxReboBand / 2 boards / USA
as8912 / 2 boards / USA
ahtllc / 2 boards / USA
Flamethrower1 /2 boards/ USA *Paid*
Signal Lost / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
diy.tiger / 2 boards / NZ *Paid*
MShipmanPE/ 2 boards / USA
Angchuck / 2 boards / Singapore *Paid*
Francois G / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
Asuslover /2 boards /USA *Paid*
astromo / 2 boards / Australia *Paid*
Kay Pirinha / 2 boards / Germany *Paid*
Sixto / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
Tubesguy / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
Hicoco / 2 boards / France
Kokanee / 2 boards / Canada *Paid*
chermann/ 2 boards / Austria *Paid*
twocents/ 2 boards / USA
s610adam / 2 boards / USA
hochopeper/ 2 boards / Australia
Jlevro / 2 boards / USA
nautibuoy / 2 boards / UK *Paid*
invaderzim / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
kp93300/ 2 boards/ Malaysia *Paid*
comicrcc / 2 boards / USA *Paid*

Waiting List:

Legis31/ 2 boards/ usa
Pandpliers/ 2 boards/ USA
DarpMalone / 2 Boards / Canada

If I made a mistake and left you off or your status is incorrect please let me know.
Thanks,
X

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Sorry guys. It’s inevitable that I miss someone. My bad. Also, sometimes people do a copy and paste of the the incorrect (not latest list). I’ll correct the list.

MaxReboBand / 2 boards / USA
as8912 / 2 boards / USA
ahtllc / 2 boards / USA *Paid Twice!!*
Flamethrower1 /2 boards/ USA *Paid*
Signal Lost / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
diy.tiger / 2 boards / NZ *Paid*
MShipmanPE/ 2 boards / USA *Paid*
Angchuck / 2 boards / Singapore *Paid*
Francois G / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
Asuslover /2 boards /USA *Paid*
astromo / 2 boards / Australia *Paid*
Kay Pirinha / 2 boards / Germany *Paid*
Sixto / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
Tubesguy / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
Hicoco / 2 boards / France
Kokanee / 2 boards / Canada *Paid*
chermann/ 2 boards / Austria *Paid*
twocents/ 2 boards / USA *Paid*
s610adam / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
hochopeper/ 2 boards / Australia
Jlevro / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
nautibuoy / 2 boards / UK *Paid*
invaderzim / 2 boards / USA *Paid*
kp93300/ 2 boards/ Malaysia *Paid*
comicrcc / 2 boards / USA *Paid*

Waiting List:

Legis31/ 2 boards/ usa
Pandpliers/ 2 boards/ USA
DarpMalone / 2 Boards / Canada

Last edited:
Hi,

One more thing , TDA7293 have two version , V6 is rejected batch for Chinese ODM , TV stuff like that and V7 is best batch aka Silicon lottery. ST is very shady in doing business.

If you use higher than 20-0-20 Trafo for V6 IC , it will blast like a fire cracker. Practically ST is providing fake IC to these people for pennies.

If IC is from mouser / digikey it will be V7.

Not necessarily.... I received my parts from Mouser yesterday. The TDA7293s both are marked with V6. Does this mean they are suspect, or just keep the supply voltage under 35VDC to be safe?

I just finished building my Xmas TDA7293 amp. I still need to drill and tap an M3 screw thread on the CPU cooler heaatsink. Will do that tomorrow and connect to my +/-37.4v PSU. I am using some 5uF polycarbonate input caps. I am using the DC servo with a 47k value for R15 (as tested by Vunce).

@X, Just to be clear.... To implement the servo, simply replace 47k5 (R15) with a 47k and short C2. Thx.

True, but you don't know which version they have in stock. redjr had ordered from Mouser and received v6, which apparently wasn't a problem. My point, however, is that they are now out of stock of any version and are ordering new stock, which presumably would be v7.

It would be interesting to see if the new stock from Mouser also winds up being v6.

Gotcha. Speaking on my own behalf, I'm not planning to wait the best part of a year for Mouser to restock.

And if the sort of stuff that Dibya refers to at Post #63 happens :eek:, then I'll be seeking replacement for nix from the supplier at the very least. Personally, I doubt whether there'll be a need to do this as long as the supplier is listed as an "authorised distributor" (see octopart).

Even so, I'll be standing clear and taking things carefully during power up. Don't want any of this stuff: :violin:

XRK, your flat-topped mains waveform actually improves the DC regulation of your linear power supply.

I cannot find a connection between the output and feedback on the PCB. R1 appears to be labeled P1 for some reason.

Generic ceramic insulators (alumina or aluminum oxide) are actually quite awful, please do not use these. They are mainly for high voltages and are far too thick to even approach sil-pads. Laird Keratherm is available from the DIYAudio store, in just the right size for the 7293 and is hard to beat.