• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I'm a little late to this all, but let me summarise where we are now. My eyes started to water after 5 pages:

- mark kelly is no longer offering controller boards
- mark is (unfortunately IMO) forsaking the DIY route for commercial gain
- dave still has some pulleys left to fit the motors used in this GB
- no one is ordering motors right now

...this is correct, no?

I can't spot any errors. AFAIK that is correct in other words.

I think Mark Kelly has given a lot to this project and although it would be nice to keep it DIY, I don't see why he shouldn't have some financial gain from his work.
I too need a pulley for a Linn, but I don't think the group pulley is tall enough (?). The centre of the crown of the pulley needs to be 14mm above the deck top plate.

Cheers

Matt

adhoc said: "If there is anyone out there who is thinking of starting another Maxon motor GB, I'm in."

adhoc, I've sent an e-mail offering to buy superhkm's [friend's] controller board and parts, and saying I would also take the motor if he wanted to sell everything as a package. If he agrees to sell to me and you want the motor, I'll pass it on to you for whatever it costs me if you like.

matt said: "I think Mark Kelly has given a lot to this project and although it would be nice to keep it DIY, I don't see why he shouldn't have some financial gain from his work."

I agree that there is no reason why Mark shouldn't make some money out of this - he has certainly been very generous with his ideas already. I just wish he would start marketing the controllers, boards, or whatever products he intends to release. But starting up a new business is time- (and energy-) consuming, certainly.

Regards.

Aengus

Parts supply

Hi All,
has anyone manages to find a supplier for the pcb components yet?
I have had no joy here in the uk. Tried RS, Farnell,Maplin etc and none of them can supply all the parts and all of them require special order for some of the components.
So if someone knows of a supplier in any country and has a saved order that i can copy, i would be very greatful.
Cheers
ian

This weekend I experienced an very fortunate, unfortunate event. My daughter got the Flu. Then she gave it to my wife. This all happened while they were visiting my in-laws. Now my mother-in-law is sick as well. I somehow dodged the bullet and have been able to succesfully stay away from the House of Disease. So, I have actually had time to do what I want for 4 days now. It is amazing how little time it actually takes to make progress compared to how long it takes to get the time and energy to actually make the progress.

I don't know if anyone else has gotten their motor drive up and running. I finished the wiring on mine this morning and everything seems to be working perfectly. I still have a bunch of enclosure work to do, but it is nice to know the controller and motor work before you sink a ton of time into pretty enclosures. Here are some pics of the partially finished PCB case and motor running. The battery is a bit of overkill, but when you have a 33 amp hour battery sitting on the shelf, there is no reason to go with less than retched excess.:cool:

So, it is back to the shop to see what other progress I can make today:smash: .

Thank you again to Mark Kelly for his hard work and time.

Dave M

Attachments

• dscn9993-smaller.jpg
    dscn9993-smaller.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 309
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.