Which one of these wiring schemes will have lower noise?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Multilayer PCB stack up depends on a number of things, the main one being the circuitry,
if grounds are 'split' it is done on one layer. The only splits are between power and low level signal or between analogue and digital grounds...I have never seen an analogue board with the decoupling having its own ground...
Many multilayer boards have numerous ground planes (all exact copies of each other) for many reasons, to provide power/gnd close coupled layers and return paths for signals, these layers are joined by stitching vias. Signals return currents will also return through power layers adjacent to signal layers, this is OK if it is a solid plane, but where power planes are split you get the same problems as running a signal over splits in a ground plane.
Its not just audio frequencies you have to think about these days, noise wise there is a lot of RF about, noise is an EMC problem so using best practice for RF noise help minimise its effect.

grounding supply to case + virtual ground also to case

But if you don't standard have the iec ground, and the star ground(roksan caspian refurbished(almost) is standard after rectifier/ virtual ground of secondary , rectifier has film caps for main. distortion and the 10.000u caps ly of the same centerpath which leads to virtual ground and the star ground lays in between, and is crewed to chassis, which is a whole lot of metal, i wonder if grounding to the same chassis with iec is smart since the earth won't be clean
and an filtered input has affect on the trafo. I have no specs of the unit, which was quite a hell , but if the ground ain't clean it sucks.

Why are the pcb's that far apart?, just for interence?... And is your psu a standard one or made for audio purposes, and why using that kind of regulators
Annalog devices has cleaner ones. I'm not fond of the long wires in this design
and i would using shielding plates , but it can be a hassle to find the source, if it's one side which is noisy if you ain't have a scope.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.