Where in the World is this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a Londoner, and quite honestly, where is a finer place to live in the World?

We get the The Three Graces for Nada at the V&A.

Only downside is we have share this exquisite sculpture with Galu and his Scottish friends.

But how it woks is if you go North of Hadrian's Wall, you get bitten to death by midges.

866271d1596744484-world-dsc02010-jpg

Go West into the land of the Taffs and you get bitten by Horseflies:

attachment.php

You can keep your provincial places. I prefer London.

Icsaszar, we are meant to guess!

But magnificent.

What about this place? Just think the World's most famous Ski Jump is lurking in the background....

It's a bit tricky, I was going to say Vigelandsparken, but it's a bit difficult. The surrounding area has changed a lot. And I'm not sure which park it could be, a lot of parks in Oslo.

Of course, I never would have guessed it.
I was thinking it should be closer to the Botanical garden because of the placement of the view, and I did try to see similarities from that general area first, but failing to find it. I would never have guessed Kampen Park.

Will see if I can find something....
Here's a picture of me and my youngest daughter.
Horrible quality, blame it on my wife.

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_133805.jpg
    IMG_20200709_133805.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 195
Not when it was constructed:)
What have the Romans done for us:worship:
The Romans who invaded Britain taxed and enslaved the Celtic tribes they conquered. By the end of the first century AD, Rome had most of southern Britain under its control.

In Roman times, there was no such country as Scotland. The area of Britain now known as Scotland was called ‘Caledonia’ and the people 'Caledonians'.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The Romans who invaded Britain taxed and enslaved the Celtic tribes they conquered. By the end of the first century AD, Rome had most of southern Britain under its control.

In Roman times, there was no such country as Scotland. The area of Britain now known as Scotland was called ‘Caledonia’ and the people 'Caledonians'.

. . . And they new well to leave them alone, hence the wall. Or was that to keep the Britons in?

;)

Of course, I never would have guessed it.
I was thinking it should be closer to the Botanical garden because of the placement of the view, and I did try to see similarities from that general area first, but failing to find it. I would never have guessed Kampen Park.

Will see if I can find something....
Here's a picture of me and my youngest daughter.
Horrible quality, blame it on my wife.

I know where that is :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.