where have you been all my life sealed speakers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
a closed box would rattle if not properly braced. I found over-engineering the internal bracing and using silicone helps with rattling. :D.

a good, properly tuner bass reflex cabinet can sound as good as a sealed cabinet but group delay will be high. by rights it will be louder and lower than a sealed cabinet but has a steeper roll off. room acoustics will affect a sealed cabinet the same as a ported cabinet in the same exact location. room modes are room modes.

Once in a while I play etronic and bass music for fun my subs go extremely low and handle it well sometimes to the point the bass isn't as audible but you can feel the tremors. They almost sound as though they want to rattle on very low lows, but they don't, not at all :D And they play bass so clearly, everything I throw at them.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.