What's on your workbench???

A shipment of SMT parts from Mouser cluttering the entire workspace:

Attachments

• IMG_5506.JPG
    IMG_5506.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 614
Couple of photos of the workshop. I've just had to completely rebuild the floors as it's 150 years old and the floor collapsed.

Took me a couple of months of spare time. New high-load floor, new clean power, new... everything except the walls & roof...

Cellar is now dry and one end is now my wood store...

I posted internal photos many many years ago - it's very different now...

Attachments

• DSCN1313 (1).jpg
    DSCN1313 (1).jpg
    698.9 KB · Views: 326
  • Untitled (1).png
    Untitled (1).png
    151.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20200603_201058_copy_887x665.jpg
    IMG_20200603_201058_copy_887x665.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Is that a VNA on the right?

HP3577a -- and SR785's -- bought in the dust of the dot-com bubble. (The SR785 is easier to program than the HP35670). The Bode100 and AP were bought from the proceeds of all the Pass F5 semiconductor kits I sold!

After the dot-com bubble IBM closed an optics lab in New England, they were selling stuff for its scrap value or worse.

HP3577a -- and SR785's -- bought in the dust of the dot-com bubble. (The SR785 is easier to program than the HP35670). The Bode100 and AP were bought from the proceeds of all the Pass F5 semiconductor kits I sold!

After the dot-com bubble IBM closed an optics lab in New England, they were selling stuff for its scrap value or worse.

What are you using the VNA for ? Do you also do RF besides audio? I have one of those cheap Chinese mini VNAs.

Nice, I also enjoy programming test equipment, I use MATLAB and an NI GPIB interface, I've considered using LabView instead but haven't got to it since im a bit rusty on LabView but I use MATLAB all the time.

There's a world of opportunity by using a GPIB controlled bench multimeter, scope and power supply, I programmed my own curve tracer and plotted the graphs in MATLAB. I also have an HP 8903a that I used with my own MATLAB programs, I used it a lot before I got my AP SYS-1, and now, I use my QuantAsylum QA401 more often than the AP because its easier to move around. I also keep my old HP 334a Distortion Analyzer, it still works on spec but its a real hassle making measurements.

I bought a NAD L70 receiver, which has been occupying my time. It's got a flaky DVD and had some god-awful hum.

Caps sorted the hum, but the DVD is proving more recalcitrant. Despite cleaning everything and replacing the pickup, it's still not completely there. There's additionally nothing on this thing to adjust.

Today I bit the bullet and bought a whole new transport for it.

IMG_1222.jpeg

Yes, those are awesome Rabbitz DiyAudio reference speakers, with Vifa P13WH mid-base drivers and D26TG35 tweeters (see diyAudio reference speaker project).