What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumble from Day to Day. But an excellent Joke from Colin Murray on BBC R5L tonight.

BBC Radio 5 live - Colin Murray, 04/05/2021

Today being May the Fourth, Colin hopes that may the "Fourth may be with you".... :D

Star Wars fans will get that one. :)

I revisited the Brittanica Space Quiz;

Astronomy and Space Quiz | Britannica

Much better this time. 35/62. Or 813/1775.

But frankly, this is cheating. :eek:

As a highly Dyslexic sort of person, I thought there was little left to learn. How wrong I was. :)

My sister claims to suffer from a rarer condition called Numerolexia. :confused:

This may explain your failure in Maths exams. Number blindness. Since Sis is way better at Finance than I am, I question this.

Anywhoo, my current interest is in being nice and sympathetic to people:

The Surprising Benefits of Unconditional Positive Regard

AFAIK, It's nice to be clever, but cleverer to be nice.

Anywhoo, my current interest is in being nice and sympathetic to people
It's never too late to learn! ;)

941474d1618178812-universe-expanding-system7-1987-jpg

For my own part, it's very much a work in progress, four-eyes! :D

People can be so extremely unpredictable, sometimes even if you're trying to be as efficient, inoffensive and nice as possible some people will still complain loudly and quite verbally. It's happened time and again that I've gone to fix random stuff somewhere and the customer is nice when you're there, get everything fixed to satisfaction, good communication etc. But send the bill and all hell breaks loose.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If time and space are the same thing, and we can traverse space in any direction we want, but traverse time in only one direction- is something wrong with how we decode what we think we see?

I think it’s all correct. The reason the arrow of time points in only one direction is because you have to expend energy (and so increase entropy) to move ‘in time’. If you move an object from one location to another in space, you are simply shifting its time reference. That’s why time and space are considered the same thing (space-time).

Conversely, if ALL movement (right down to the atomic level) was suddenly stopped, time would cease to flow (exist).

Time can go backwards or forwards at the sub-atomic level. Consider that an anti-electron is just an electron moving back in time. But at a macroscopic level moves forwards.

Portsmouth is moving forwards! :D

We have new street lighting. Out with the old Sodium-vapor lamp - Wikipedia. No, we get LED downshiners! :cool:

Local Council promises us better and more economical downshining lighting while preserving our splendid Victorian lamposts.

All sounds good to me. I am quite the one for Dark Skies;

International Dark Sky Association | International Dark-Sky Association

IMO, Yarborough Road is a shoo-in for "Portsmouth's Best Dressed Street" this year. Huge efforts have gone into Gardening, tidyness and ecology this year. :D

Attachments

• LED Lightbulb.jpg
    LED Lightbulb.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.