What are you Watching?

'The Perfect Storm' is a movie based on true events. ...The same actor who is also in 'Transformers: Age of Extinction'.

* Chris, did you see the flick; 'The Book Thief'? ...And; 'The Monuments Men'? ...And; 'The Lover'?

'Noah' has a lot of water in it, and moving/talking rocks... Some people they talk to the skies...

'The Perfect Storm' is a movie based on true events. ...The same actor who is also in 'Transformers: Age of Extinction'.

* Chris, did you see the flick; 'The Book Thief'? And; 'The Monuments Men'? ..
not yet - quite loved Kite Runner

.And; 'The Lover'?
yes - daring performances, found it quite gripping

Nanking?

'Noah' has a lot of water in it, and moving/talking rocks... Some people they talk to the skies...
. And some get answers back

'X-Men: Days of Future Past'

105480_front.jpg

* In 3D, it was ok. ...A fun ride for the comic sci-fi fans, the X-Men completists, like I. :)

Last edited:
Should I start a brand new thread on DIY Movies? ...Like not only in 2D but also in 3D, with the proper 3D cameras and the proper way to do it.
...Plus what type of movies are better effective in 3D, like animation and slow-motion type of flicks, like in space for example.

And who are the best movie directors today pushing the envelope of 3D films? :film:

What do you all think? ...Lovers and haters, it don't matter to me, as long that your reasons are objectively justified.
And all subjections are welcome, of course. :wave2:

Last edited:
Separate threads for current movies worth watching and older movies perhaps?

Saw X-Men: Days of Future Past in the theatre. Thought it was one of the best of the X-Men movies. Good fun ride.

Any kind of movie thread, as long as people are interested to share what they watched. Animation flicks are good, from the old days (Mickey Mouse of the 50s, from now (The Incredibles 2), Documentaries (old & new), Adventures, Fantasies (Fantasia, The Hobbit, etc.), Actions/Sandals (Conan the Barbarian, 300, Hercules, David & Goliath, etc.), Scandals (Girl with a dragon tattoo, Showgirls, etc.), Sex (300: Rise of an Empire, etc.), James Bound from the 60s and 2015, Star wars, Star Treks, T-Rex, Godzilla, old, new, EVERYTHING that is playing on your screen (Netflix, Vuudu, Download, VHS, LaserDisc, DVD, HD DVD, Blu-ray, Cable/Satellite TV, Internet, Youtube, everything, 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D, etc.).

Simply put, the exact same thing we do with Music when using our EARS, mixed with emotions, but now with Movies when using both our EYES (moving pictures) and EARS (audio, multichannel surround sound), and mixed with emotions.

Why are we DIY Audio? Because we love music, listening to music.
Simply add Video to that and what you got? Music & dialog and sound effects accompanying moving pictures, with actors/actresses in various locales, vistas of the world, with beautiful things to see, and horrific ones with blood, guns, violence, and peaceful ones with love, sex, nature, trees, mountains, lakes, birds, butterflies, oceans, sand, snow, ...

And! I just don't want to talk to myself alone, but see what others also see.
...Watching stuff on TV, HDTV, front projector, theater, IMAX, all of it.

And even talk about DIY home theater rooms for all taste. ...Small and large.

Alright, I think you all got the picture now.
Last night I watched 'Prince of Darkness' directed by John Carpenter.
And he also composed the music. I always loved that flick, from the VCRs years till still today.

73170_large.jpg

...But I'm also older today, so it has more humor into it, which is just fine; it's an open, a broader vision with fun mixed emotions.
And it is October, and it is :rain: here these days, so it's all good together in a kind of matching way of life. :film:

So, what did you watch recently? ...Paint a picture, or post a link, or describe with words what you felt. :hug:

Last edited:
You can even DIY your own movie if you want to (my two best friends that's exactly what they're doing right now; still working on the script, then shooting time with a crew to hire, cameramen and all that jazz, actors too).

DIY: You can build your own amplifier, speakers, subwoofers, etc., ...for what?
For listening to Music and Movies, that's what. ...That is the ultimate goal in life when we build audio stuff, to hear sweet music (sounds) in our ears, and mixed with sweet emotions of joy, sadness, and the entire gamut of the human range..

Music and Movies go well together, no? ...Of course it does; just for example, go to a live Classical Ballet concert @ your local hall.
Or watch the Blu-ray version @ home in hi-res DTS-HD 7.1 sound, with hi-def 1080p picture.

**** After you finish building your project (DIY speakers of choice), what do you do?
That's right, enjoy life listening through them. :)

I wasn't born yesterday you know, I am newly born every single day, and so are you, and all of you, the entire planet is vibrating in movements in unison. We all shine colors and we all make sounds when talking and whistling and singing and playing our musical instruments.

♦ ...The summum of all summums; the apotheosis.

And what's wrong with listening twice to the same piece of Music?
If you like an album by Sting (formerly from The Police - Roxanne), there is nobody in this world who is going to stop you listening twice, thrice, ...as many times as you like to that same album; over and over as long as you are pleased, for years, for fifty years, sixty, seventy, ...The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Bach, ...

And the very exact same with Movies. ...Charlie Chaplin, Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Transformers, ...

I certainly agree with you on that last post, Bob - it's a pleasure to watch a well crafted movie, even when you know exactly how it evolves, each step of the way. You can appreciate the skill that went into forming it into a total construction, and how each small aspect of it was carefully orchestrated to fit in - it's like appreciating a finely built piece of furniture such as a table, where each part is precisely right for making the wooden structure work as a finished, usable part of the home furnishings.

Last edited:
With time we evolve, with time we see clearer, with time we discover more from there, and from over there, from uncharted territories,
and from already well known ones too. {We only thought that we knew.}

We see more, we hear more, we rediscover more, and more...here, there.

Last edited:
And what's wrong with listening twice to the same piece of Music?
If you like an album by Sting (formerly from The Police - Roxanne), there is nobody in this world who is going to stop you listening twice, thrice, ...as many times as you like to that same album; over and over as long as you are pleased, for years, for fifty years, sixty, seventy, ...The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Bach, ...

And the very exact same with Movies. ...Charlie Chaplin, Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Transformers, ...
Agree whole heartedly. Same goes for great books also. Ratatouille is definitely one of those movies for me. Koyaanisqatsi is another.

Watched Hollow Man 2. Ugh, the less said, the better.

'Ratatouille' is great, and great to re-watch every six months or so. :) ...With new friends, new girlfriends, new wives, new kids ... :D

Everboby loves 'Ratatouille', and rats. :D

Books too, great books are nice to re-watch. And dreams, great dreams are nice to be re-dreamed.

Classical music, many composers are nice to be re-listened to.

We have one life, one shot @ our own movie on earth, the story of our own life, and it's nice too to relive the good moments;
if and when and where and how we can. ...Like for example; the very first time we made love to the first girl who entered our life.

Yes, life is worth reliving when you're having fun. :)

Watching smart movies, documentaries, animations, live music concerts, science revelations, wildlife actions, ...is like a world's opening view on nature's accomplishments, including humans.

I saw 'A Fistful of Dynamite' (1971) last; directed by Sergio Leone and starring James Coburn and Rod Steiger.
Music composed by Ennio Morricone. ... That was a second viewing this month for me, on Blu-ray.

This flick is part of Leone's trilogy Once Upon Time.
It is also known by 'Once Upon a Time the Revolution', aka 'Duck, You Sucker!'

The prequel was 'Once Upon a Time in the West' (1968). ...And the sequel (3rd part of the trilogy) was 'Once Upon a Time in America' (1984).

* Italian "spaghetti" westerns, like the other trilogy with Clint Eastwood, and all directed by Leone with some great Italian contributors (cinema and music maestros; writers, composers, cameramen, actors/actesses, scripts, storytelling, ...), are my type of films for great entertainment. ...Among many many more ....

About you?

Last edited:
somewhat OT from what we've actually watched, or might want to - but I read in the paper this weekend that the one and only William Shatner wouldn't say no to a role in some future Star Trek movie

please, let any such development take long enough that we can be spared that

not my
favorite
actor, Spock

I've had a love-hate-like relationship with Bill Shatner. When I was young and the only Star Trek that existed was the original series I worshipped him. Then I got so see more of the hammy side of him and started hating him. Then I saw more of his work and read more about him and realized that he's just like the rest of us, figuring his way through life, and making the best of the opportunities which were given to him. No matter what you say, you gotta admit he still works his butt off at an age when many are barely staying alive.

Watched Lucy the other day. It was OK for what it is, a hyper modern fantasy action flick with a bunch of neuro-science-mysticism. I thought the acting by Scarlett Johansson in some scenes was outstanding. Some well choreographed action scenes and also some admirable(?) restraint around showing unnecessary gore. Not a total waste of time. But, God, what is up with movie editing these days? So many cuts and flash scenes and hyper-kinetic editing that I practically got motion sick. Does the entire modern cinema world have ADHD?

Might have to slow down and watch The Third Man or something as an antidote.