What are you Watching?

I revisited this very obscure David Lynch's flick last night ::

71079_large.jpg

* Man, you gotta be real brave to sit through this entire extravaganza from the deep crevasses of soul's depth, the director's own soul.

And! You have to go all over again through the complexities of one man's vision in order to have a fraction of a glimpse. ...It requires multiple viewings to fully realize/engulf the abstract.

If you haven't seen this film yet, what are you waiting for? ....It might transform the way you look @ the universe, as we don't know it.

It's not the running time that would give some folks grief- the pause control's there for a reason - but perhaps, although in an altogether different way, it'd be a bit like "Brazil" - what the frack was that all about?

You're almost certainly right - if it takes more than 2 viewings to grock it all - well as my rambling and nonsensical posts here exemplify - I already have more than enough reasons to second guess my acuity.

'Inland Empire'

It's not the running time that would give some folks grief- the pause control's there for a reason - but perhaps, although in an altogether different way, it'd be a bit like "Brazil" - what the frack was that all about?

You're almost certainly right - if it takes more than 2 viewings to grock it all - well as my rambling and nonsensical posts here exemplify - I already have more than enough reasons to second guess my acuity.

No chapters in that flick, and your pause control won't work either!
This film is uncontrollable (remote-less); you have no control over it; the director has total destiny over yours. :censored:

...Either you accept it, or you retire prematurely.

Last edited:
Last night I revisited one of my favorite flicks ::

96525_large.jpg

* The music score :sax::eguitar::snare: , the music score :Piano: , the music score ♪ ♫ ♪ is a very important/integral part (77%) of this entire 'film noir' genre.
...You got Jazz, you got...just goggle it, you'll see.

If you haven't seen it yet what are you waiting for!

Last edited:
'Lost Highway'

Henry Rollins, any Black Flag in the sound track? Robert Blake another upstanding citizen.

Angelo Badalamenti's music score. ...And music sparkles by Nine Inch Nails, Lou Reed, Marylin Manson, Rammstein, ...among others.

Robert Blake, yeah him too. ... Lost Highway - Mystery Man - YouTube

And Scott, find 'Samsara' (2011), the documentary (moving pictures with music).

* Just for fun (interest) :: Top 10 Movies That You Have To Watch Twice - YouTube

Last edited:
He and Lynch go back a long way, have you seen the "Industrial Opera" or somesuch. Contained a lot of stock Lynch nonsense like midgets in tutus, etc. At some level I find Lynch a sort of grunge Robert Wilson.

I cannot recall Scott; I'll have to look...

* Last night (revisited) ::

99392_large.jpg

Great flick (2005), with great performance by Jeff Bridges. ...Poetic cinema, O love it.
I recommend very much for people who haven't seen it.

=> Totally underrated film. ...Critics are totally missing the essence here; they are abso!utely blind in their mind!

Last edited: