What are you Watching?

I've recently embarked on the journey of watching "His Dark Materials" on Max and am currently immersed in season 3. I must say, the experience has been thoroughly enjoyable.

As I near the conclusion of this captivating series, I find myself on the lookout for recommendations for a show that shares a similar style and is suitable for family viewing, much like "His Dark Materials." Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The old Perry Mason series. Excellent, well written. Every episode has you guessing who the real murderer was, working against the clock ticking as the episode comes to an end. It's all very well written and from a time that seems almost alien, where everyone apparently smoked all the time. Great entertainment.

Quite enjoying Apple TV “Invasion” Watched the original season back in 2021, and just to maintain through lines, binged a rewatching again before starting S2.
Must say it’s a bit hilarious when the excellent cast of young actors portraying the school kids age what looks like at least 3 years in the “4 months later” period between the two seasons.
Hard to take your eyes off the two lead female protagonists - Aneesha and Mitsuki.

Hey Lead, I’m comfortable enough in my complete lack of machismo to admit that I regularly succumb to the annual festival of Hallmark Christmas movies, a surprising number of which are filmed on southern Vancouver Island and the lower mainland. It’s become a bit of a where’s Waldo contest to trace the various locations; Fisgard Lighthouse, Oak Bay Village, the Inner Harbour, Sidney Pier and Vancouver’s delightful Sun Yat-sen Chinese Gardens among them.

We spent a week in old Montreal last fall, and those memories - along with the very picturesque Sea to Sky drive to Squamish/Whister Village were fresh in my mind when watching some recent TV automobile commercials.