What are you drinking?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Shouldn't it also have EGG in it???

No. As far as I can tell, all of the eggnog products in liquor stores just use cream with flavorings rather than eggs. This stuff uses "French vanilla", whatever that is, to provide the egg/custard flavor. There are some FDA regulations that apply to egg content for products sold as eggnog. But the regulations apparently don't apply to eggnog liqueur (see Wikipedia article). The Wikipedia article also notes that the term "eggnog" also refers to a flavor, so that is probably the best answer: Starbucks eggnog lattes don't have egg, either.

It's really just another cream liqueur, with a nice combination of flavors. We've tried the Evan Williams eggnog and a couple of others, but this one is very good and the price is unbeatable ($9.95 for 1.75L).

My wife asked if there was something that was both wine and beer, and we were in the mountains yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_20181210_183440910.jpg
    IMG_20181210_183440910.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 161
Sipping on Captain Morgan Black Spiced... and I should have gone to sleep long ago.

my first time with it and from a gluten intolerant/celiac perspective considering many darker rums are often spiced and colored with burnt sugar (aka caramel, E150) which is some times made from gluten grains so it's a risky lottery picking a bottle, but this one went very well with me, thank God I can still enjoy some aqua vitae! 🙏

Last edited:
so, that's from brown cows then?
Wow! That takes me right back to when one of my cousins got a cheap little reel-to-reel recorder for Christmas about 50+ years ago. We all took turns telling jokes into it, one if which was, "What kind of milk do brown cows give?" :p

That little thing didn't even have a capstan/pinch roller - I remember we could make ourselves sound silly just by using a different brand of takeup reel (with a larger hub) for playback, heh.

Thanks for the flashback. :santa:

I usually make a couple of gallons of cold-brew coffee at a time. I like how the flavor improves after a few days in the fridge. Mostly for convenience, I recently started adding a scaled-up amount of the little bit of sweetener that I was previously adding to each individual glass. This had no perceivable adverse effect on the flavor. But with this batch I tried the same thing with the half & half, doing the math and adding a bulk amount to the entire batch. At first it seemed fine, but after "aging" for a few days, the mix seems to have a more dull, anodyne flavor than what I've grown accustomed to. So I guess I'll go back to adding the dairy per-dose, heh.

Funny how this stuff works (or doesn't) sometimes.