What are you drinking?

I have cut down on the kaffi as well, it's a double edged sword despite all the healthy essential oils in it, it also bumps up every time the cortisol in the body so among many dietary changes I have cut down from one big cup a day to only once a week, but it's more due to I am working on healing my gut and it has paid of as I have slowly been able to re-introduce some of the diet I couldn't take in the past.

btw grabbed a small bottle of Bushmills yesterday for my Irish coffee but it was a huge disappointment, hereafter I will stick to the proven Jameson in the future which is an excellent whisky on its own, very smooth yet nice complexity, absolutely non-smokey which I like, and without that abrasive raw woody flavor.

I have cut down on the kaffi as well, it's a double edged sword despite all the healthy essential oils in it, it also bumps up every time the cortisol in the body so among many dietary changes I have cut down from one big cup a day to only once a week, but it's more due to I am working on healing my gut and it has paid of as I have slowly been able to re-introduce some of the diet I couldn't take in the past.

btw grabbed a small bottle of Bushmills yesterday for my Irish coffee but it was a huge disappointment, hereafter I will stick to the proven Jameson in the future which is an excellent whisky on its own, very smooth yet nice complexity, absolutely non-smokey which I like, and without that abrasive raw woody flavor.

Speyside such as Glenthrothes make a smooth non-peaty and very low smokey taste. Steer clear of Islay bottles - the majority are peated or have a large amount of smoked flavoured styles.

That would be a Scottish coffee ;)

Last edited:

Some years ago: A doctor noticed I had high cholesterol levels and accused (quite heavily) of eating too much beef, I did not take that to heart as I only eat much more fish and chicken than anything else and eat lots of vegetables. Found out from other sources that coffee can influence cholesterol, so have more or less stopped with espresso and press coffee. Fast forward a few years and my cholesterol levels are still on the higher side of healthy but better, so I decided to replace potatoes and rice with oats and now things are improving very nicely.

I will cling on to my coffee as long as possible, it's not the dark liquid that's at fault, it's everything else! :D

Edit:
Just thought of a new slogan or perhaps an album title for me:
"KaffiMann - Consuming Darkness"

Last edited:
I’m a recovering coffee-holic..

9EE22437-4BB3-4722-9B9D-EB99AA0DBAA3.jpg

A specially bought wine today in the Côte de Gascony Sauvignon Blanc, Colombard, turned out to be such rubbish. Demoiselle de Gascogne Colombard - Ugni Blanc | Vivino They write dryly, in fact, there is too much residual sugar and not enough acidity. I have previously bought excellent wine from this region, aged in concrete barrels. Haut-Marin Amande Cotes de Gascogne | Vivino It was semi-dry, but in fact it seemed very dry and had a unique tasty and piercing acidity ... now it is not sold anywhere in our country.

Tripel Karmeliet
Lovely stuff :D Chi'Ti and La Goudale are good too. I would also suggest Troi Mont but it can be a little gassy. Duvel both the Ripple (9.5% so watch it!) and their hopy/zesty Citra is nice. Leffe Royale not bad but their Ritual 9 is nice.

Currently sipping La DK Biere Tripple.

If you can find a welsh beer call Double Dragon it's lovely (and less %).

Last edited:
I like La Chouffe 8% too, La Trappe 6.5%

Ahh yes - both good beers :)

My sister-in-law once provided me a local beer that is made with red wine made near Abbeville - not the best and an instant hangover! It also has the bad habit of foaming up really badly! :eek:

The Mrs is French (Dunkerque) so I have tried a lot around the north/flanders :D

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Some beers my son gets from a small beer shop in Urmston, Manchester (UK). He keeps a book and pastes the labels in it. Probably 200 beers in the book.

Attachments

• 77A95B63-BD06-44C0-878E-4F3548A28A35.jpeg
    77A95B63-BD06-44C0-878E-4F3548A28A35.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 8F0373C3-C2BD-4BA9-80D3-3C1938B51C1D.jpeg
    8F0373C3-C2BD-4BA9-80D3-3C1938B51C1D.jpeg
    646.8 KB · Views: 88
  • FCCEB391-15C1-4312-B5D8-4938989FCB19.jpg
    FCCEB391-15C1-4312-B5D8-4938989FCB19.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 036D0CDF-B8BE-48CF-9065-E161CED72ECD.jpeg
    036D0CDF-B8BE-48CF-9065-E161CED72ECD.jpeg