What are you drinking?

When I lived in Spain - a Galician red until that loudmouth Parker opened his wa-wa and the price shot up. Across the border in Portugal, the same reds but a fraction of the price sshh.

In France, I've found a cracker - a St.Chinian, full bodied and different flavours depending on the temperature you drink it at - 16/17/18C. This particular St.Chinian has a vin ordinaire available from my local Intermarche @ €3.49 p.b. In the UK it would cost around £10/11 p.b.

But for Covid I would have gone last Spring the buy the estate version at around €10 p.b - good for 10 years of ageing - at my age no way, it maybe would last 10 weeks before quaffing.

2, maybe 3 glasses of this wonderful wine for an evening's listening session - what's not to like.

About to cut into an:

Old Yale Brewing Co. - Sasquatch Stout
Labeled as: Coffee, chocolate and mystery.

I'll let you know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 12.55.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 12.55.54 PM.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 152
I can do that when I return. All I know is this beer is so darn good it makes me want to go drive my car. Seriously. After 6 of these I feel like I have wings.
I want to fly back to the store in my car.

Seriously, it's a very good balance of all the things mentioned by the manufacturer. There isn't anything that says world's best beer but the point they are making, or so I think, is that there is nothing to offer negative criticism about. It does most everything right.

I served it at around 10º and left the cap off, on the counter, for 5 minutes before pouring. The head was substantial. Darker than many stouts and it was rather shallow, shorter lived and less creamy than I am used to. It wasn't as sweet as a Porter but the head reminded me of it.

All in all it get's an 8 out of 10 from le Palate de Cal.

Now, I better go find my bicycle and stick to the side roads. ;)

I think you missed the PS pic Carlp :) unless it is some sort of heat exchange generator ;)

edit: didn't see second page of posts. carry on :)

Tony.

LOL! I have thought about a coil of copper tubing around the ceramic flue liners to trickle sap into the front boiler ala heat exchanger. But that's a bit different from the PS (as you saw) notwithstanding the copper and winding involved. Just haven't had the time or gumption to build a platform for the sap bottles and find soft copper tubing for it.

Francois Martenot Beaujolais Nouveau 2019 and 2020.
Вино географ. Божоле Нуво Бургундия АОР красное сухое 0,75л белая этикетка
2019 Francois Martenot Beaujolais Nouveau | Vivino
2019 is very good, unfortunately over the year the acidity has become less, but the wine is still an order of magnitude steeper than 2020.
We have a national women's day. All men, by tradition, also celebrate it, with even greater enthusiasm than women themselves). As the saying goes, ice cream is for children, for women, flowers, for men to get the rest of the rest.

I can't believe anyone promotes Coca Cola or any of the other tooth rot sugar laden crap. Part of the obesity world problem.

DYK that Coca Cola was created as a form of legal amphetamine - Coca, extract of the Coca leaf and Cola Nitida a West African stimulant. People used to down a few of these to give them a buzz on a night out.

Great stuff Carl, nice to see another diyaudio fanatic "in the wild". I've been gone for a week working, and now I'm shovellin' snow mostly.

I'll be having a beer on saturday probably, I'll check the schedule and see if it's possible to try another meeting.
I have the recipe for immediate acceptance by spouse/boss/life companion here:
"Ahem... Dear, there's an important meeting in the D-A-F-T (Diy Audio Fanatic Techfreaks) society this saturday, I simply MUST attend."