• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

^^ He's completely useless. I pre-ordered 4 SEOS WG from him and paid up front. Then months later, after they arrived he found it too difficult to ship to Australia. I eventually got my money back, but I was somewhat peeved at the experience.

My suggestion would be to order and ship through an on shipper such as Price USA | Shop where you want. He'll think he's dealing with a US customer as they ship to Colorado then to Oz. It might add a few $ to the total, but it will get it done.

Does anyone have an OS12 WG for sale by any chance? (or a pair of them)?
I built my L/R speakers using them, and need another for my center channel. I'm happy to buy a pair if need be.

I emailed AutoTech over a year ago and they would not ship a pair to me in Australia, they said I had to go through DIY Sound Group.
I've emailed Erich from DIY Sound Group back and forth and he has (or had) a pair of OSWG's for me however has not been able to ship them to me in over 12 months.

If anyone can please assist I am in dire need to get one (or a pair) for a matching center channel.
I have the cabinet sitting here waiting to go (just needs WG)...
Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

I've got one or a pair that I could supply you with. Let me know if you are interested.

^^ He's completely useless. I pre-ordered 4 SEOS WG from him and paid up front. Then months later, after they arrived he found it too difficult to ship to Australia. I eventually got my money back, but I was somewhat peeved at the experience.

Completely useless? I've shipped hundreds and hundreds of waveguides and speaker kits. Everyone has been happy except 2 people in other countries. :rolleyes: There was only *one* complaint on the SEOS-12 group buy, which I assume is you. I had over 400 waveguides to package up once the group buy came in.....during May which everyone knew was my busiest time of the year at work, and they all understood. I even posted it directly on the SEOS-12 webpage in bold letters. You wanted yours shipped to Australia and I said it would take more time but I would try.....You got aggravated and I refunded your money promptly when you asked for it back. No one else that was waiting got aggravated.

I get emails every day asking me to ship kits to Norway, Singapore, Germany, etc. They want to know costs. I've made it very clear to all of them that I only have a FedEx account in the US. My work hours overlap the US Postal Service and it's nearly impossible to get there. I would have to package their kits, take the 60lb package to the Post Office, then go home and email them to let them know it would cost $hundreds$.....to which they say "Wow, too much." So I just wasted hours for no reason and have to unpack the order. Do that 10 times and you eventually stop. I tell people to ship the item to a forwarder and many do.

There are literally hundreds of forwarding companies in the USA that will forward a FedEx package from me to another country. This is extremely easy for everyone and there have been no complaints when it's done that way. JetCarrier, ShopUSA, etc. I send packages to JetCarrier nearly every week.

I've helped with many group buys over the years without taking one cent like the BMS group buy last year. I drove to the airport to pick up the pallet to save them money. Packaged their stuff up for free after work to help out. Some didn't even thank me. Yet you think I'm completely useless?

I've had 3 complaints in about 4 years of doing this. 2 from other countries (you being one of them, the other before your post), and one because they expected me to ship their item faster than Amazon in 1 day. He apologized after reading the 'About Us' section of the website. So 2 complaints, both to other countries.

I've emailed Erich from DIY Sound Group back and forth and he has (or had) a pair of OSWG's for me however has not been able to ship them to me in over 12 months.

I still have your waveguides and they've been boxed up for a long time. Last year when you said they needed to ship to Australia, I knew it was going to be a problem, but figured I would try to help get them to you. You should at least let people know that I have never taken one penny from you. I don't take one penny from anyone up front when I'm helping on the group buys from Poland. And yours was the very first time I've been asked to ship something from a Poland group buy to another country. It's difficult for me to do.

You mentioned that you could get a shipping company to pick up the package at some point of the conversation, but I think you were then going out of town, or something. I later said things would be slowing down for me at work and I would try to get to the post office to figure your shipping. I can't recall if you replied to that or not. I get 40-50 emails per day and even though I try to get every one of them, it's not always possible for one person to answer that many emails no matter how hard they try. If I miss one or two, the person normally resends the message and I reply. I have a fairly decent track record of replying to emails with the new address. Some days I work 12 hours in the field, and might miss a day or two of emails and try to catch up as good as I can.

Anymore I ask people to give me their shipping address so I know where they are expecting me to ship once things arrive and make sure it's in the US. But I *still* don't take any money up front for any of the stuff from Poland.

Last edited:
Hi Erich,

You have not taken a single penny from me and I respect that you are doing this for a favour to the community.

I have emailed you several times in the last few months. I'll email you again this week.
Please let me know if you do not receive it.
As I have advised in the past via email, I am willing to pay any shipping costs you incur, as well as offering the alternative of sending it via my works DHL account.
I'll resend all these details in an email to you shortly.

Thank you for your assistance.

I have ordered many things from Erich and just use my forwarder to send them to send to me. That way Erich just has to send to my USA address. Very easy.

AND I will be getting some IWATA or E-JLMC horns for a center channel. Have to wait a few months before I order but should be fun project.

I just cant decide on which to use for a center channel. The E-JLMC 600 or IWATA 600. I have enough room for a IWATA 300 also but cant afford to just be buying sample to try. Most likely would do a 2.5 way setup or something with dual side by side tens below depending on horn width.

You can also order Autotech stuff from Henry in Sydney FURY.

New 300Hz horn for AMT 25x120 should be avaiable in Jan-17.

Attachments

• AMT-ejmlc300.jpg
    AMT-ejmlc300.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 588
Halloween month has us bringing back the dead......threads. lol:)

Would be curious if I could add mids to this horn to make a SH?

I have always liked AMT's over CD's but not sure on building my own horn for a TPL with mid taps yet. Although I may have to find a way to have a higher vertical directivity with a different AMT. So, curious either way as I dont wnt to invent my own AT's for now.:)

it's for Aurum Cantus AST25120 - sweet spot size. At home I have slightly bigger Harwood AM35 with 6,5" nanocarbon woofer (Aurum Cantus chassis) from ATD Italy. It's wonderfull combo. I only would add ribbon tweeter. My best small speaker all the time - puts horns to waste bin ;) Truly recommended. Aurum is home version (lighter, more delicate diaphragm) of Beyma and cheaper.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    184 KB · Views: 799
Last edited: