waveguided open baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is design idea of waveguided open baffle speaker.
see attached. I plan to make cardboard prototype for 3in aura driver.

Attachments

• ns3.jpg
    ns3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,779
When I had my big horn system, for the first time I got am idea of what large scale classical music could be like.

Yep , but you can get good performance from smaller things ( been trying to convince my lady of this fact).

You cant beat the laws of physics. If you placed the A166 in an open field there would be very little bass. However a BIG horn in the correct volume room is something to behold.

ron

'Dying to know how it works out; 'have been thinking of something very similar (using HiVi B3N), but with bass augmenter.

Your (2nd) rendition is definitely more handsome than what I had thought of to date; I'm curious how imaging/diffraction/etc pans out.

Please let us know!

Mister Twister -

This is likely the neatest idea I've seen in a long time.

I've been playing with a similiar idea and low buck multiple drivers.

Have had my eye on B200 for awhile and your concept may work with that as well.

Looking forward to see what you do with this.

Bluto

Mister Twister -

Your newest rendition would allow even more function, very nice.

I'm seeing it as a fairly complex build getting angles correct.

Good Luck with this , I'll watch and see how you make out, I really think you might have something going here.

Bluto

MisterTwister: the Mate Appreciation Factor on these is pretty high I reckon, because they are badass.

Bluto said:

I'm seeing it as a fairly complex build getting angles correct.

Me too - but could they be poured and molded instead of cutting them from wood at a million sharp angles?

Seems easier to mould than a standard 'enclosed' box.

Fiberglass, plastic, concrete?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.