• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Wavebourn Tower-III High-end hybrid amp

Here is front panel:

Tower-IV-FP1.gif

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Thank you!

My wife will definitely like it during cold winter evenings. ;)

Dude, cold winter nights is something we know and can appreciate here in Keinerda :d

By the way, heatsinks in Russian are called Radiators.

Well, I have few regrets in life. One is that I cannot read Pushkin, Lermontov, and most of all Dostoyesveky, in the original language :(

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Looks like everything fit together...

There was always something very interestingly different in the way Russian equipment was externally looking. Some times very Sci-Fi, sometimes scary, other times plainly functional, but always grand scale. Must be reflecting the feeling of vastness when living in that country?

Well, I have few regrets in life. One is that I cannot read Pushkin, Lermontov, and most of all Dostoyesveky, in the original language :(

Wanna duel with d'Anthes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnS4uR-ZVuA
Wanna win the Tambov treasurer's wife in a game of cards? Wanna roam Peter senseless, living on Nastya's soup?:spin:
I wanna help Isinbayeva recover her recent Berlin disaster instead.:D

Attachments

• Tupolev_Tu-95_Marina.jpg
    Tupolev_Tu-95_Marina.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 572
  • Yelena Isinbayeva.jpg
    Yelena Isinbayeva.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 557
There was always something very interestingly different in the way Russian equipment was externally looking. Some times very Sci-Fi, sometimes scary, other times plainly functional, but always grand scale. Must be reflecting the feeling of vastness when living in that country?

Especially in Siberia, surrounded by miles and miles of a deep forest called Taiga. :)

This set of speakers and an amp I've intentionally decided to design like a furniture. :D

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Stixx, not so much anymore. I once lived in Austria for almost two years.

Salas, that cartoon is hilarious! I agree with you on the look of russian things, solid and working. A body of mine had a reel to reel player named Majak (I think). This was when I was a teenager, and the thing was a monster of sorts that was dragged around to many parties, where it was poured wine and other drinks over it, got thrown down the stairs, and once in a somewhat inebriated state, I stabbed it repeatedly with a knife. It still worked :D Oh, and regarding the second pic, you can help all you want, I'm staying clear (those muscles are scary).

Anatoliy, it's coming along very nice, but IMHO those plastic looking handles ruin the look. Perhaps a pair of wooden handles would be better. I'm looking forward to hear your impressions on the sound.

Stixx, not so much anymore. I once lived in Austria for almost two years.

Salas, that cartoon is hilarious! I agree with you on the look of russian things, solid and working. A body of mine had a reel to reel player named Majak (I think). This was when I was a teenager, and the thing was a monster of sorts that was dragged around to many parties, where it was poured wine and other drinks over it, got thrown down the stairs, and once in a somewhat inebriated state, I stabbed it repeatedly with a knife. It still worked :D Oh, and regarding the second pic, you can help all you want, I'm staying clear (those muscles are scary).

Mayak (Lighthouse in English) was made on the same plant where military equipment was built, so no wander it was easy for them to use milled aluminium die cast for a frame.

Anatoliy, it's coming along very nice, but IMHO those plastic looking handles ruin the look. Perhaps a pair of wooden handles would be better. I'm looking forward to hear your impressions on the sound.

:rolleyes: They are made of anodized aluminium alloy. I will think about wooden handles, thank you! I completely agree with you, their form does not match the style!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
:D Oh, and regarding the second pic, you can help all you want, I'm staying clear (those muscles are scary).

I helped by only mentioning it seems and she went back on the record curve in a week's time. As for femininity, OK, you can't expect her to sling over 5m without the build, but she has other sides to consider. Look at her running to her coach after the successful new record jump.

Zurich WR09

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
2 weeks gone, still no FeCl received... Techsupport does not answer anymore.. On summer vacations?

So I decided to make handles to the box, then solder an output stage, tune it as perfectly as I can with no servo, then add a servo as soon as PCB will be ready.

Tower-IV-Handles.gif

Looks very organic and substantial in that wooden case, I like it. It depends in what mood we perceive things and the surroundings about looks I guess. I could think of that nice ornamental deer on the exquisite low chest in the background as chicken BBQ if I was hungry for instance.:D