Warp-1 Amp

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The LSA Warp-1 amp based on my TPA3255 reference design amp has been getting some good reviews. I think it is time for it to have a dedicated thread.

The reviews so far include:

ttp://v2.stereotimes.com/post/lsa-warp-1-power-stereo-amplifier-by-greg-voth/

https://www.tonepublications.com/review/review-the-lsa-warp-1-power-amplifier/

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.o...warp-one-class-d-power-amp-impressions.11451/

We also have reviews from SBAF loaner tour here:

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.o...warp-one-class-d-power-amp-impressions.11451/
A new review on YouTube by Thomas and Stereo just came out:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Decommo,
Thank you for the kind words. By multichannel, do you mean more than 2? I have built an 8-channel amp for a professional audio amplication using four of my TPA3255 modules and a 1200w SMPS by MicroAudio with PFC.

1644550955596.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Decommo,
Thank you for the kind words. By multichannel, do you mean more than 2? I have built an 8-channel amp for a professional audio amplication using four of my TPA3255 modules and a 1200w SMPS by MicroAudio with PFC.

View attachment 1024294

Thank you for your response and Yes, it is what I am after. I actually need 6 channels to power LXMini +2 speakers. :)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks for the link. There is one point of correction to the review regarding the XLR vs RCA inputs: the amp was designed with auto switching so that XLR has priority and if XLR/TRS is inserted, a relay disconnects the RCA input in order to prevent the buffer from being overloaded. Overall though I am happy that they liked how it sounded and performed and the Warp 1 has been receiving lots of great reviews now. I can attest it sounds wonderful with vinyl.

Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I just measured the output impedance (damping factor) of the Warp-1 today.

Damping factor was measured flat from 1kHz down to 20Hz and is very good at 0.0052ohms (5.2 milli ohms) This was using a precision non inductive air cooled 10ohm load. Only when I took it to 10Hz that it went to 0.021ohms. Excitation voltage was 38Vpp. Measurement made using Owon digital Oscope and Fluke 116 DMM. I measured at 1kHz, 100Hz, 50Hz, 30Hz, 20Hz, 10Hz.

This says that damping factor (DF) is 192 and is flat and extends over the important mid bass and bass and down into low 20Hz bass region of audibility. This explains why the bass is so good on this amp. It doesn’t falter even when pushing the low end.

1654803741469.jpeg

It may even be better as this was at the limit of the Oscope’s resolution to see difference between 38.4v and 38.0v.

Warp 1 Amp has blossomed my Gallo 3.1's, Sounds fantastic, movies are great as is music. The added power and detail is much better than the Yamaha RX797, using the Yamaha as a Pre and very happy! Looking forward to your next amps! Will ask for a trigger on the next one, only issue as it doesn't cut on with the rest of the system.

I feel as though I was practically bludgeoned by all the excellent reviews of this amp, and along with the fact that XRK971 had engineered it, HAD to order one! Should give me yet another nice alternative to several amps to power a good selection of stand-mount speakers. I have a feeling this amp will be able to put some punch into the low end of my Falcon Q7s.

I spent a lot of time establishing how X got so much out of the TPA3255, given so many other implementations at far lower cost. Many good reports of those, but nothing as glowing as those for the Warp-1.

Should be fun!

Reactions: 1 users
I was also heavily influenced to order the Warp-1 by X's long association with Hugh Dean. This tells me his sonic sensibilities were conditioned by the Aspen amplifiers world-class class AB sound.

By the way X, how did the name Warp-1 come about? I have to admit I like the looks of this amp but not so much the name.

Cam