Warmth Of The Sound - WOTS

Some thoughts about listening to the WOTS LeGrand E2

I did a listening session swapping the source follower load between the resistor and the CCS, using "Águas de março" sung by Elis Regina. The difference is great: with the resistor Elis he has a full body and incisive voice that clearly detaches from the rhythmic base and prevails in all its sensuality; all instrument details are present; the scene is deep, well-defined, and focused. Switching to CCS, it is as if an acoustic veil has placed itself in front of the scene, which now appears flatter, less focused, less precise, and with hidden details. Elis' voice has lost body and appears less detached from the instruments. The perception of the audio message is now shifted towards high frequencies, the emotion is gone.

I also listened to the new recording by Andrea Bocelli with his daughter Virginia "Feliz Navidad": with the resistor, the moment (unfortunately short) in which they sing in two voices is thrilling, perfect chord! I think it's only possible between those who share the same genetic background (my favorite il Volo is very good, but they don't go that far). Switching to CCS the vocals remain appreciable, with a slight loss of body. But the thrill is now completely absent.

With the CCS I don't recognize the sound of the LeGrand. Switching the LeGrand with the Aikido, I have the same LeGrand's sound with the CCS.
I like better the resistor than the CCS, but I know the CCS is certainly the most linear solution, confirmed by the fact that the sound is very close to the Aikido's, which is very linear, having 2 CCSs.

I wish to fix in my mind the difference between a resistor and a CCS. But, at the same time, I want to exclude the case of a choke load, which is a reactive device. Let's keep it simple.

The resistor is a passive load, its resistance is constant, and the current flowing through it varies according to the voltage applied to it, as per Ohm's law. Not linear! The served device is not able to drive it, as it does not change its resistance. We call it "single-ended"

The CCS is an active load, its resistance varies according to the voltage applied to it, to keep the current constant. Linear! The served device is able to drive it, as its resistance changes.

If a device is able to drive another working with opposite logic, here is the push-pull operating mode. Even if there is no explicit driving on the control electrode of the CCS. A sort of "passive push-pull".

Perhaps some of you with better knowledge than mine could explain this situation and what is under it.

If confirmed the push-pull operating mode, the consequence is that the harmonic content of a push-pull is present. Which is worse than the one of a single-ended harmonic content. So it can explain why the audio loses its body and the perception is shifted towards the high frequencies.

Any idea?